Year 5 - The Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

Dumbledore is going to pick us up in a few moments. I don't know what we will do but he said it was important. I hear the bell and go downstairs where I see uncle Vernon opening the door. He looks like got a heart attack when he sees Dumbledore.

"Shall we assume that you have invited me into your sitting room?" Dumbledore begins and walks into the house, pronto to the sitting room like he has been here plenty of times before. "Harry, Darcy go get your stuff. I need to discuss something but then we will leave." We go upstairs and get our stuff when we go back downstairs Dumbledore is waiting for us. He sends our stuff to the Burrow, "And now let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure. You have not, of course, passed your Apparition Test. So you will need to hold on to my arm very tightly. Harry, you take left, Darcy you right and be careful with it. It's not what it used to be. Well then, here we go." On that moment we flash to another place, "Are you alright? The sensation does take some getting used to."

"I'm alright, just a bit dizzy," I say

"I think I prefer brooms," Harry says faintly.

"You really get used to it. But we need to move on now, it's time to visit an old friend of mine." we walk towards one of the houses in the avenue. "Lumos," We enter the house. Stuff is lying everywhere, the walls are besmirched with blood. Looks like a fight took place but I don't feel any Dark energy. Weird.

"Darcy, tell me, what do you feel?" Dumbledore asks.

"I don't feel anything Dark, but look at this place. It looks like it was one hell of a fight,"

"You're right there isn't anything Dark, and this mess is just a show. There is no Dark Mark above the house," Dumbledore explains, "Now, can you find the person who is hidden in here?"

"A person, professor? There is no one here." Harry tries to hide his confusion but fails really bad at it.

I walk towards the sitting room, "He's here, professor, I can feel it. It's coming from that direction," I point at the place where an armchair is standing. Dumbledore pokes it and it starts talking.

"Ouch! Merlin's beard! There was no need to stick the wand in that hard, it hurts." it says and it turns into a little, bold man.

"Good evening, Horace," Dumbledore greets him, "And I must say you make a very convincing armchair, Horace."

"It's all in the upholstery. I come by the stuffing naturally. What gave me away?" the little man answers.

"Dragon's blood and Mss Potter can feel the energy of your soul," Dumbledore explains.

"Oh," is all the man says.

"Oh, yes, introductions. Almost forgotten. Harry, Darcy, I'd like you to meet an old friend and colleague of mine, Horace Slughorn. Horace, well you know who they are."

"Harry and Darcy Potter."

"I think we should put this place back in order, don't you think?" Dumbledore says, breaking the silence. He swings his wand and everything goes back to its original spot. Why do we have Filch at Hogwarts if you can do this?! "Do you mind if I use the loo?"

"No, of course," Slughorn mumbles, "And don't think I don't know why you're here, Albus. The answer is still no. Absolutely and unequivocally no." He smiles at us when Dumbledore is out the room. and there is this painful silence again. Awkward... "You're very like your father, Harry, but you have-"

"You're mothers' eyes. I heard that before," my brother completes.

"Lily, Lovely Lily. You look very much like her, Darcy. I've heard you're exceedingly bright, just like your mother was," Slughorn goes on, "I used to tell her she ought to have been in my House. Very cheeky answers I used to get back too."