Year 4 - Dolores Umbrige

At the train to Hogwarts, like every year, Malfoy and his gang need to harassment us.

"Ha, Potter, I've read about you this summer. You're really famous again after your stunt last year. I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free. Better enjoy it while you still can.  My father says you mad enough to be accepted at St Mungo's Hospital. But I think there is a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Malfoy says and his gang starts laughing. 

"You're absolutely right, Draco" Pansy Parkinson says sucking. I feel a stab of jealousy but when I see him looking annoyed at her it disappears again.

"Go away, Malfoy," Ginny says and closes the door of our compartment again.

"What a jerk!" Olivia mumbles angrily. "Come one, we're here let's get out."

-----

"Good evening, children. We have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome Professor Grubbly-Plank back who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave." Hagrid is gone? There must be something wrong, "We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. As usual, our caretaker, Mr Filch, has asked me to remind you-"

"Hum, Hum." a high shrill voice interrupts Dumbledore. It a little old lady in pink puffy clothes. She gets up and walks to the place were Dumbledore is standing. "Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me," I look around and see nobody smiling or even look happy, "I'm sure we're all going to be good friends." — "As long as I don't need to wear that coat," Olivia mumbles and Luna and I start giggling, — "The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged." I give my friends a knowing look, we all know that that was a dudgeon on Dumbledore and that from now on the Ministry will interfere Hogwarts, "Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." she ends with a creepy smile on her face and a high, face-sounding giggle before she goes back to her place.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That was most illuminating." Dumbledore says and starts clapping in his hands, giving the sign that so should we. But me and my friends refuse. "Now to go on were I ended, I want to clarify that using magic in the corridors is still forbidden..."

-----

"Good morning, children," Umbridge says. 

Yes DADA is my first class and I've read our book, 'Dark Arts Defence: basics for beginners', already so I know it's going to be horrible. 

"Tut, tut, I should like you, please, to reply 'Good morning, Professor Umbridge'. One more time, please."

"Good morning, Professor Umbridge." we all say in unison.

"Better. Now, your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on you'll be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic. Because if you study hard, you will be rewarded if you fail to do so, the consequences may be severe. Now, do all start to read the introduction." I put my hand up, "Yes?"

"I've already read the book, professor." 

"Well, then, you should be able to tell me what Slinkhard says about counter-jinxes in Chapter Fifteen."

"He says that counter-jinxes are improperly named. He says 'counter-jinx' is just a name people give their jinxes when they want to make them sound more acceptable. But I disagree with this theorem"