Year 5 - The Slug Club

Mss Potter,
when you receive this note, I want you to come to my office
Professor Dumbledore
PS: I'm not really into bertie bott's

I knock on Dumbledore's door and Snape opens the door.

"We've been waiting for you Darcy," he says and lets me in.

"Ah, Darcy, there you are. We have something important to discuss. You know last year your brother got extra classes from Professor Snape and this year from myself?"

"I do, sir. But he won't tell me what they're about,"

"That is because I asked him not to. We give Harry these extra classes to teach him how to ward off Voldemort, to prepare him. But Harry is not the only one Voldemort wants, he wants you too. For other reasons, but the point is that you need to be prepared too. I know you're in your O.W.L. year but this is really important. That is why I ask Professor Snape to give you extra lessons in how to control your gifts. I know you do a great job in learning yourself but it isn't going fast enough, that's why we will help you."

"So you want to test of what I'm capable of?"

"There is more. About Draco Malfoy. I know you have some ... interests in him and I know you know about Mr Malfoy's mission. I know you told him and his mother you know. Voldemort asked him to help Death Eaters into the castle and kill me and when the time comes you must help him but it will be Severus who will kill me so the Dark Lord will trust you completely. When I'm dead you need to go with Severus and join Voldemort. You will be his two most trusted followers and you will be at our side. You need to pretend like you're one of them but I don't want you to kill. Do you understand me?"

"I do,  but why are you telling me this? You're not planning on dying, are you?"

"I prepare you for what seems like the only way to destroy Voldemort," he sighs and looks really tired, "You're lessons will take place every Saturday morning. Now you can go back to your classes."

Extra classes? This will be a very busy year.

-----

"Ah, Darcy, I was just looking for you," Professor Slughorn greets me when I pass him in the hallway.

"You were, Professor?"

"Yes, I was yes. You know in the old days I used to give a party where some select students of mine were invited and I think about doing that again. So I hoped you could come too. You're brother and Granger already said yes to it. You can bring a date too if you want."

"I would love to, Professor."

-----

"Hey, Draco what are you doing here, on the seventh floor?" I followed him, I need to keep an eye on him.

"Go away, Darcy. You shouldn't be here," he responds irritated.

"Same for you," I snigger, "I know what you're doing here, I can help if you want."

"No, I need to do this alone. And I don't want you to become a part of this, it's too  dangerous."

"There are some things we can't do alone, Draco. Sometimes we need help from others. Let me help you, Oh and well, Slughorn asked if I could come to one of his parties and he said I could bring a date, so I asked myself if maybe you wanted to go with me."

"I don't have tome for those things and I want or need you to help me! Please, just leave," he almost begs me.

"I will, ... for now."

-----

 "So tell me, Cormac, do you see your uncle Tiberius sometimes?" Slughorn asks a boy of Gryffindor who likes to brag.

"Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over the holidays," Cormac says and winks to Hermione. She looks like she needs to vomit. Really amusing this dinner.

"Well, give them both my best. And what about your uncle, Belby? For those who don't know, Marcus uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?" Slughorn asks a really fat boy of Slytherin who eats really smutty and loud.

"Don't know. My father doesn't like my uncle so they don't talk to each other." Marcus Belby says with his mouth full. Disgusting.

"Ow, what about you, Mss Granger? What does your family do in the Muggle world?" 

"My parents are dentists," she responds, she explains when almost nobody knows what it means, "They tend to people's teeth."

"Really? Fascinating, is that dangerous?"

"Not really. Although one boy did bite my father once. 10 stitches were needed." she laughs but stops when she only sees that Harry and I are laughing with her. What can I say, it's Muggle humor.

"It's Muggle humor, sir." I try to break the awkwardness.

"Wonderful," and Slughorn starts laughing too, some other students join him too. Hermione gives me a grateful smile. Ah, what are friends for. Or in this case your brothers'' friends. We all look at the door when Ginny enters.

"Ah, Miss Weasley. Come in and join us. You're just in time for dessert," Slughorn greets her. She takes place nex to me. Harry on my other side stands up and then looks around like why-did-I-do-that-again? I look at Ginny, her eyes are red again. She must have been crying about Dean again. Their relationship isn't going well at the moment. I take her hand and give her an encouraging tweak.

"Wonderful Harry, you still have the manners of a real gentleman. Just your father, he was always really thoughtful when your mother was around. See, boys, you can learn something from him."

-----

Ron and Hermione haven't been talking much since the last Quidditch match. So Hermione asked Cormac to be her date. I've been looking at them all night, it's the only funny thing at this Christmas dinner. My brother asked Luna, what made Olivia mad and so they aren't talking anymore either. I've been following Draco around the castle a lot and I've tried to make him my date for tonight but he always knew a way to get rid of me. So here I am, standing alone at a Christmas Party, looking at other people to find amusement.

"Take your hands off me, you filthy Squib!" I hear Draco cry out. Now that is what I call amusement.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor." Filch announces proud, "He claims to have been invited to your party."

"He is, Mr Filch. He's my date for tonight," I say and walk over to take Draco's arm and lead him away from Filch.

"Ow, Mss Potter, I didn't know," Filch starts to stutter.

"Everyone can make mistakes. There is no blame on you, you were just doing your job," I give him a smile and I can see his face lighten up. I have him around my finger.

"That is exactly what I did, now to all of you a pleasant evening," and with that, he leaves again.

"I didn't need your help, Potter," Draco complains.

"To me, it looked like you did. Now, aren't you going to thank me for saving your ass?"

"Darcy, Draco, sorry to interrupt your conversation. But I'll have to escort you our, Draco. You are my house so we have to talk about your behavior. Now." Snape takes Draco with him and I'm alone again. I see Luna talking to Neville who is trying to not drop a glass. Ginny already went to bed because she was tired and I can't find Hermione. Wonderful, really wonderful.