Year 3 - The tasks

"I spoke Sirius and you never believe what he told me" Harry starts, "He said that Barty Crouch sent his own son to Azkaban and that Igor Karkaroff was a Death Eater. He knows for sure that the Death Eater at the World Cup and my name that comes out of the Goblet aren't a coincidence. He said Hogwarts isn't safe anymore."

"But if Hogwarts isn't safe anymore, then nowhere is," Olivia says.

"You need to keep your friends close in this sort of times. You're more vulnerable alone and. Talk to Ron," I suggest.

"He is the one that should be apologizing, not me," Harry answers stubborn. "I'm gonna see Neville."

"Ow, Harry. If we can help with one of your tasks, you only need to ask," Luna says with a dreamy smile.

"Come on, we need to get to class. McGonagall was really mad last time when we were late." 

We have Transfiguration with Gryffindor, so I take a seat next to Ginny.

"Haven't seen you in a long time," she says.

"Yeah, I know. My brother is having a hard time right now," I explain.

"Ron is doing stupid again. I know Harry didn't do it, Ron knows too I think. He's just mad because he's overshadowed again."

"I tried to explain that to my brother, but he is really stubborn. He wants Ron to apologize," I say right before Professor McGonagall enters.

"Today I will learn you the differences between Transfiguration and Animagi, the benefits and the cons of each." McGonagall starts the class.

-----

"Dragons. That is the first task," Harry informs me.

"What? Are you serious?" I ask in disbelieve.

"Yeah, Fleur and Krum probably already know so I'm gonna tell Cedric," Harry says before he walks away. I quickly take my books and follow him. On our way to Cedric people bully my brother and almost everybody is wearing that horrible badge. 

"Can I have a word?" my brother asks Cedric. Cedric gets up while his friends bawl. We walk out of the earshot of his friends, "Dragons are the first task. They've got one for each of us."

"Are you serious?" Cedric asks, just like I did, in disbelieve. "And Fleur and Krum, do they--?"

"Probably, I'm not sure." my brother answers. We go back to the Great Hall, but someone really had the need to disturb us. 

"Why so tense, Potter?" Malfoy says mocking,"My father and I have a bet, you see. I don't think you're gonna last 10 minutes in the Tournament. My father said that I was wrong, he said you would only last 5."

"We don't give a damn what your father thinks Malfoy! He's vile and cruel and you're pathetic." I yell at him while I drag my brother at his elbow with me.

"Oh, no, you don't, sonny!" we hear someone yell, so we turn around again and see Moody who turn Draco into a ferret,"I'll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned!" Moddy starts swinging Draco into the air an then put him in Crabbes pants, "You stinking, cowardly, scummy-"

"Professor Moody!" McGonagall runs to us.

"-back shooting-"

"What are you doing?" she asks shocked.

"Teaching," he answers.

"Is that a-? Is that a student?"

"Technically, it's a ferret." on that piont McGonagall turns him back. Pitty, he was a cute Ferret.

"My father will hear about this!" Draco yells before he runs away.

"Is that a threat? I can tell you lots of things about your father, things to be ashamed of!" Moody calls.

"Alastor, I'm sure Professor Dumbledore mentioned that we don't do Transfiguration as a punishment anymore." McGonagall rebukes him.

"He might've mentioned it," Moody says gritted teeth.

"Well, try to remember it. Now, all of you go to your class."

"You. Potter. Come with me. Only you Harry." Moody says and the two of them leave so I go alone back to the Great Hall.

-----

We taught Harry to use Summoning Spells so he can fly during his first task and so outsmart his dragon. Hermione found it a bit risky but today we will find out if it is a good plan or not. My friends and I are heading to the arena, Harry is already there. We take our place and 15 minutes later, they explain the task and the first cannon goes off.

Cedric Diggory is the first one to start. He has to fight against a Swedish Short-Snout. He uses a Transfiguration spell to change a rock into a dog to distract the dragon. Verry smart. Cedric goes for the Golden egg but gets a bait from the dragon, his face is burned but he catches the egg. Fleur Delacour is the next against a Common Welsh Green. She enchants the dragon to sleep, but while retrieving the golden egg, the dragon snores and lets out a jet of flame that sets her skirt alight. Really funny to see. Viktor Krum is third, facing a Chinese Fireball. He uses the Conjunctivitis Curse to blind the dragon and retrieve his egg. However, the dragon stumbles around and smashes the half of the real eggs, what docks him points. My brother is last against a Hungarian Horntail. He uses Summoning Charm to bring his Firebolt broomstick to him and manoeuvres past the dragon to retrieve his egg. When the dragon bites at Harry, Olivia takes my hand tight. He could dodge its mouth but got slashed on the shoulder by its tail. This costs him points.

Harry and Viktor are tied for first place, Cedric in second, and Fleur in third. The champions are told that the Golden egg they retrieved contains a clue on how to pass the Second Task. So that means Harry will need help because I know he will delay it until the last day. This Tournament is more like teamwork.