Year 1 - The Chamber of Secrets

After dinner I went to look for Harry, he had detention because of that car incident, with his friends and Olivia. He bumps into us while we were looking for him.

"Did you hear that?" he asks haggard.

"Hear what?" I ask.

"That voice. I first heard it when I was with Lockhart, but it's moving again." he explains and then runs away again until we arrive at a hall with water on the ground. I see spiders who are running out of the window like they're haunted by death itself.

"I've never seen spider do that before" I say.

"I don't like spiders" Ron says afraid.

Then we look at the wall at the other side. 'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir... beware.' is written on it, I think in blood. Well it certainly looks like blood.

"Oh, no." Harry says "That's Filch's cat, it's Mrs Norris."

The feast must be over because everybody is coming down this hall. When they see what is written on the wall and the cat hanging next to it their faces turned shocked.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware." Malfoy reads "You'll be next, Mudbloods."

"What's going on here? Go on. Make way, make way. Potter? What are you...?" Mr Filch interrupts but when he sees his cat he freezes. "Mrs Norris? You've murdered my cat."

"No, no." Harry says.

"No, sir. My brother didn't do it, we just found her." I try to explain.

"I'll kill you. I'll kill you!" he screams while he takes my brother at the collar.

"Argus!" Dumbledore calls. "Argus, I..." But then he sees what is written on the wall. "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately. Everyone except you." he instructs while he points at us five.

"She's not dad, Argus. She has been Petrified." Dumbledore explains when everyone is gone.

"Ha, thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the counter curse that could've spared her." Lockhart catches up.

"But how she has been Petrified, I cannot say." Dumbledore continues.

"Ask him. It's him who has done it." Filch yells angry and points at my brother. "You saw what he wrote on the wall."

"It's not true, sir. I swear. He never touched Mrs Norris" I try to defend him.

"If I might, headmaster?" Snape asks for permission and then continues, "Perhaps Potter and his friends were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. However... the circumstances are suspicious. I, for one, don't recall seeing seeing Potter at dinner."

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus." Lockhart explains, "You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail."

"That's why we went looking for him, professor." I invasion, "We'd just found him when he said..." I stop myself, hearing voices no one else can hear is a bad thing, right?

"Yes, when he said...?" Snape asks.

"When I said I wasn't hungry." Harry joins in. But that yields Harry only a suspicious from Snape.

"Innocent until proven guilty, Severus." Dumbledore clarifies.

"My cat has been Petrified. I want to see some punishment!"

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madam Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrake. When matured, a potion will be made which will revive Mrs Norris. And in the meantime I strongly recommend caution... to all."