Year 6 - The Intermediate Stage

I'm back at Hogwarts, eating alone. Nothing new, this year.

I sigh. I know Ginny, Neville and their friends are staring at me with anger. If they only knew. I've been saving my brothers' ass all these months. He doesn't know that I'm the one who sends him Voldemorts activities, that I'm the one who helps him to find the Horcruxes and the connection between them, that I was the one who said Severus it was time so he could send his Patronus. They know mine so I couldn't do that. They can't know that I'm just pretending. At least not yet.

I take a cupcake and look up to it. It's the eighteenth of May today. "Happy seventeenth birthday, Darcy," I mumble. At the moment I want to take a bite, chocolate mousse hits my face. What a waste of chocolate. I need to keep my mask on and stand up angry.

"Who did this?" Everybody is looking at me and trying to cover up his laugh, "As Head Girl, I demand the responsible one to come forward unless he is that much of a coward," Nobody stands up but I know who did it. I walk over to Michael Corner, he was a part of Dumbledores Army so I just glare at him and pass by. I can see the releave on his face.

I'm walking to the Head Boy and Girl quarters when I see a vision of Voldemort before Dumbledore's grave. He's about to take the Elder Wand. I send this vision pronto to Harry so he is warned.

-----

Weeks have passed. Students at Hogwarts who revolted need to run. I know they're hiding in the Room of Requirement. That was really smart of Neville.

I also got visions of Harry trying to break into Gringotts. I thought it was just a lousy idea of him, I never thought he would actually do it. And then escaping on a blind dragon is like having an arrow in neon lights above your head. He can be such an idiot sometimes. But he did succeed in getting the Cup. I showed him that the Diadem is at Hogwarts, so he would get the hint.

It's time to start my plan now Harry is coming back.

I Apparate to the Malfoy's. I know I will need Narcissa's help. Everything is clear because Voldemort is checking on his Horcruxes. I start looking for her and find her sitting alone. Her glance looking at infinity focused on nothing. She only noticed me when I'm right in front of her.

"I need your help,"

-----

We broke in at St Mungo's. It's time for Neville to get his parents back. I find Alice and Frank Longbottom sleeping. I go sitting next to their beds. First I take Alice's face in my hand and let the element Spirit run through me. She opens her eyes and looks at me like a normal person would. I hope I did it right because it was only one of Dumbledore's theories I tested.

"Where am I?" Alice asks confused. I'm so happy, it worked!

"How did you do that?" Narcissa asks.

"It was one of Dumbledore's many theories and I've been training these past few months to convert them into real actions. Looks like his theories work,"

"Lily? Your eyes are weird, I thought Voldemort killed you and James?" Alice asks confused.

"I'm not Lily, Mrs Longbottom. I'm her daughter, Darcy,"

"Lily had a daughter?"

"Yes, but we have not much time to talk. I need to bring your husband back too,"

I take Franks face into my hands and again let the element Spirit run through me. He also opens his eyes in confusion. I quickly explain everything while they're changing them.

"We're ready to go,"

-----

We enter the Death Chamber in the Department of Mysteries. The last time I've been here, I've fought and I've seen Sirius die. I had been too busy to look at the room itself. It is a large, rectangular, dimly lit room within the middle an old archway. Last time Harry, Luna and Neville heard voices coming out of it, but I didn't hear anything back then. Now I do hear them. I hear them calling me.

"Okay. Here is the plan, Narcissa, you keep sentry because nobody may know that the Longbottoms are healed yet. Mr and Mrs Longbottom you need to keep out of sight if someone comes. I'll go inside and bring some people back,"

"What is in there?" Alice asks.

"I don't know but it is also one of Dumbledore's theories I'm about to test. The other one went well so let's hope for this one too," 

I walk to the archway and stand before it, I take a deep breath, close my eyes and enter.I can feel something flowing around me like water but without the part where you become wet. I open my eyes and see the sky above me and next to me water. I'm lying horizontally on water and I'm not sinking? Some invisible pushes me up and I'm on a wooden path. The path leads me out of the water to the beach. Somewhere in the dunes is a small house. There is nothing else around here so I walk to it. I knock on the door and hear a familiar voice. The door opens and I can't believe who is standing in front of me.

"Well, hello Darcy. I've been expecting you," Dumbledore greets me. I'm speechless so I just follow him to the sitting room. "Sit down, you must be exhausted from traveling between the world of the living and the Intermediate Stage."

"You're not dead?" I ask in confusion.

"No, not yet. But here I got a lot of time to think here over things. I've come to a theory,"

"Another one?"

"Yes, indeed. Another one. I've always asked myself what happened to the people who were killed by the killing curse. Because normally when you die, your soul slowly leaves your body. But the killing curse cuts your soul away from you, it forces your soul to leave. And I asked myself why. You see, the killing curse doesn't kill the one you point it you, you slowly kill your own soul by damaging it. We only get locked up here until be die of age."

"But then why didn't you come back through the archway?"

"Because no one ever tried it and no one want to be the first one, I guess. Or people like it here too much to leave. There is no pain here, you see. But enough time wasted, you need to go back. Before you leave there are some people in the kitchen who would like to see you,"

So I stand up and walk to what I think is the kitchen. I open the door and can't believe my eyes, for the second time in ten minutes. I see Cedric, Sirius, mom and dad.

"Darcy? What are you doing here? Don't tell me you died?" Sirius asks with pain on his face.

"No, I'm not dead. I'm here to bring you back."