Year 3 - Merpeople

Tonight is the last day before the second task of the Tournament and we sill haven't figured out what the clue in the egg is. We've tried a lot of spells on it, but nothing seemed to work. Suddenly Harry runs into the Great Hall and asks us to come with him to the library. 

"The egg needed to be opened under water and then the merpeople of the Black Lake sing a song." Harry says still a little breathless.

"What was the riddle?" I ask while Luna, Olivia, Hermione, Ron and I take place at the table. Harry starts pacing.

"Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground. An our long you'll have to look to recover what we took." Harry recites.

"The black Lake, that's obvious." Hermione says. "And it's again obvious that you will need to be able to breath under water for an hour. Though, admittedly, potentially problematic."

"Potentially problematic? Hermione, when was the last time you held you're breath underwater for an hour?"

"I've read about a type of herb to breath under water." Luna says appeased.

"Yeah, but it's almost nowhere to be found." I sigh beaten.

"I don't know what the name was anymore but I know someone who does. Snape will probably have it in his collection. Then we only need to steal it." Luna says. That wasn't a bad idea.

"Hate to break up the skull session." Professor Moody interrupts, "But Professor McGonagall wants to see you two in her office." he sais whil pointing at Hermione and Ron.

"But, sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione starts to object.

"Exactly. Presumably Patter is well prepared by now and could have a good night's sleep. Now, go you two." Hermione and Ron leave before he starts instructing again, "Longbottom, come here and help them putting away those books." With that he leaves.

"Neville, we just needed you. What was the name of that herb again that helps you breath underwater?" Luna asks him.

"Gillyweed. Very rare, ofcourse. Why are you asking?"

"Harry needs it so he can do the second task tomorrow. Do you think Snape would have it?" Olivia asks.

"Probably, but I'm not sure. Snape creeps me out, I prefer to stay away from him." Neville asnwers.

"Harry you go to bed. You need to get some sleep. Give us your cloak so we can steal it for you." I suggest.

-----

Everybody went to bed so it's time to sneek out to get that herb. Luna, Olivia and I leave Ravenclaw Tower, wearing my brothers cloak so noboby can see us. We're almowt in the dungeons when Filch cat, Mrs Norris starts meowing at us. We quickley run away from it but it starts following us. Happily we are able to deceive it and so we lost it finally. We enter my gotfathers office and start looking for the weed.

"Be really quiet, I can not afford it." Olivia almost begs.

"None of us can afford that." I answer while I keep looking. 

"I found it. Now let's get out of here, this place in giving me shivers." Luna says after a few minutes.

We make the intention to leave when something hits the ground. We all look shocked at each other and then start running like we are gonna die.  What coould be possible if we get caught. But we reach Ravenclaw Tower and rush into our beds.

-----

"Any bets? Make a bets on your Champion." Fred cries.

"Come on, place your bets!" George adds. "Come on daon't be shy."

Just like last time the try to make money for there new shop now the lost everything because the didn't got payed back when the won a bet against someone of the Ministry. Pour guys.

"Here Harry, this should be the weed." I give it to him.

"Are you sure?" he asks unsure.

"Absolutely." Luna answers. "Neville is never wrong when it comes to plants."

"Have you seen Ron or Hermione? I can't seem to find them." 

"No, haven't seen them yet. But they won't miss the task, they're your best friends. They'll be there." I assure him.

I go to the tribune and go sit with my friends.

"Welcome everybody, to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find theri treasure and return to the surface. They will have only one hour to fulfill this task. Champions get ready and take your places. You may begin at the sound of the cannon." 

The cannon goes of and all four of them jump into the water. After 20 minutes Fleur comes to the surface without her treasure. She is allmost hysterical, saying things in French I do not understand even if I was close enough. An hour past when Cedric and Cho come to the surface. Only five minutes later Krum and Hermione do too. I'm getting really nervouse right now, there is still no sign of my brother. I go to Cedric.

"Have you seen my brother?" I ask him.

"Yes, he was the first one to find the treasures but he wanted to realise them all. I told him to hurry. I don't know what is taking him so long." Cedris says just at the moment when Ron and Fleurs sister come to the surface. I run to Ron.

"Where's Harry?" I'm really freaking out right now. "Where is he?" Suddenly my brother flies out the water and I run to him.

"Are you all right?" I ask concerned. "Come here let me heal you."

"No, nobody may know. I'm fine, I'll survive."

"Please, let me help you You really don't look fine"

"Fine, but make it quick I don't want anybody to know about your gifts."

I start connecting my mind to the water and the water starts glowing, what means it is healing. When other people approache us.

"Gosh, Harry, are you allright?" Hermione asks.

"I am now." my brother answers and smiles at me.

"You must be freezing. Here, take my towel. Come quickly they are about to announce the points."

"Attention! The winner is Mr. Diggory who showed innate command of the Bubble-Head Charm. However, seeing as Mr Potter would have finnished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr Weasley but also the others as well, we've agreed to award him with the second place for outstanding moral fiber. Then the third place is for Mr Krum who used a half Transfiguration spell into shark and last but not least, Mss Delacour!"