Year 4 - Traitor

It's Christmas holidays now and the DA is working really good. Everybody is working so hard, rewarded by making progress. We do have some problems with Umbridge. She asked Filch to keep an eye on us. The twins always try to find something now to distract him. Really funny. But now Umbridge make a group of students 'the Inquisitorial Squad', they help her in return for extra credit. Most of them are Slytherins, Malfoy and his gang are in it too. He was already a Prefect so he can punish us, normal students, but now he can even punish the other Prefects. He's unbearable!

My brother and the Weasley's disappeared yesterday. I have no idea where they went but Umbridge thinks I know so I need to go pay her a visit for a cup of tea. Like I don't know what she will put in it.

"Come in, sweetheart," she says in her bittersweet voice. "Take a seat. There was something I wanted to discuss with you but take some tea first." So I take the cup and pretend to drink some before I face her again, "Good, now, where is your brother?"

"I don't know."

"Drink some more tea and think harder. Where is your brother?"

"I don't know where he went or why."

"Maybe you know where Sirius Black is?"

"No, I don't. I don't help killers."

"What is Dumbledores secret weapon?"

"A weapon for what?"

"Nothing you can go, you're useless."

I leave her office in relief. I walk to my common room as fast as I can.

"Miss Potter," I hear Professor Snape say at the moment I want to enter the common room. "Come with me, you're not staying here this Christmas."

-----

"Here we go! Daddy's back," Mrs Weasley cheers. "Sit down, so we can do the presents. Here you go. Come on, open up. I want to see your faces." I got myself a Weasley-sweater, again a blue one with a yellow D on it. I loved it.

"A Christmas toast," Mr Weasley started, "To Mr Harry Potter, without whom I wouldn't be here. To Harry!"

"Harry," we all repeat on the moment Snape walks in.

"Merry Christmas, Darcy" he says and gives me a present. I open it and see advanced Potion books and candy in it. I take the present I got for him and give it to him, "Merry Christmas, Severus" I say and hug him. He opens his present and finds a fireball and a picture of us. "To make it a little warmer in your office."

"Thank you so much, I love it," he says and hugs me, he really becomes better at hugging. When he releases me I see the others give me glances like I'm out of my mind. Well,.. get used to it.

-----

'We have confirmed that 10 high-security prisoners in the early hours of yesterday evening did escape. And of course, the Muggle prime minister has been alerted to the danger. We strongly suspect that the breakout was engineered by a man with personal experience in escaping from Azkaban notorious mass murderer Sirius Black, cousin of escapee Bellatrix Lestrange.'

"Neville, are you alright?" I hear Luna ask.

"Fourteen years ago a Death Eater named Bellatrix Lestrange used the Cruciatus Curse on my parents to get information about the Order. But they never gave in. I'm quite proud to be their son."

"You should be, Neville. And now it's your time to make them proud, and I know you will," I ensure him while Luna and I give him a hug.

"We won't tell anybody. That is your story to tell when you're ready for it," Luna reassures him.

-----

"You have to make it a powerful memory, the best you can remember. Allow it to fill you up and then liberate through your wand," I explain.

"Keep trying," my brother encourages.

"A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce, but once you got it right the shield can also be used against a variety of opponents. And remember, your Patronus can only protect you as long as you stay focused," I remind them while Harry walks around and corrects them.

Suddenly, the room starts to shake. Everybody is quiet.

"Give me all the evidence," I instruct quickly, "And the stand on one line. Keep your mind open so I can get in easily."

"What are you going to do?" I hear someone ask.

"Trust me, it will cover everything up." I take the papers and store them in my mind.

"Where did it go?" Ginny asks.

"It's in my head. Now let me all take over you, so we can pretend we were singing, ok?" I focus and get inside their heads. I make them sing and only seconds after the wall behind us explodes.

"I'll make short work of this." I hear Umbridge say, "Get them."

"Why? We're doing nothing wrong," I exclaim.

"Oh, and what exactly were you doing, if I may ask, Miss Potter."

"We were practising our new song. Do you want to hear it? There is still a lot of work to do to get it right, but if you want we can give you a little foretaste." I say innocently.

"Enough! Enough with this comedy, I only want the truth," she says beyond angry.

"Well, I'll give you the truth. Ok, guys. One, two, three." and I let them sing, it takes a lot of my energy. But I have my wand, so the core helps me cover it. I let them sing the first song that crossed my mind. Though it didn't really have the best topic for this situation.

"I've become so numb - I can't feel you there
I've become so tired - so much more aware
I've becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you"

"I said enough!" Umbridge looks like she is going to explode, "Take them all to my office." I quickly block the DA things in their minds so she can't read them or force them to tell them to her before I pass out.