24

"ARE YOU GUYS AWAKE?!? SCHOOL STARTS IN 20 MINUTES WE NEED TO LEAVE SOON!" Namjoon shouted opening the front door of the kinkas' home. 

He sighed as everyone filed into the living room. Seungcheol turned to Jun and Mingyu as soon as he saw the empty kitchen.

"Can you two make a quick breakfast for them? They clearly haven't woken u-"

"OH CRAP! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE! GET UP! GET UP! GET UP!" Suho's voice shouted from upstairs.

All the boys in the living room turned towards the staircase as they heard doors opening and closing. The scrambling of feet could be heard as everyone in the living started laughing. Jun and Mingyu moved to the kitchen to make toast as they didn't have time to cook a genuine breakfast. One by one, the 12 boys began filing down the stair making a bee-line to the kitchen where they grabbed some toast thanking Mingyu and Jun.

"Alright. Let's get into the cars and head off. School starts in 10 minutes and we need at least 3 minutes to get there." Namjoon said ushering everyone out the doors. 

"Let me guess. No alarm?" Seungcheol asked Kris as they walked to the cars.

"Has to happen a few times each school year." Kris shrugged shaking his head.

"Besides the fact that it already happened on the first day of school." Soonyoung laughed as he passed by.

"Not the smoothest start that's for sure." Chanyeol muttered half asleep.

"C'mon Chanyeol! Hurry up!" Baekhyun chirped from his seat in one of the cars.

"Coming!" Chanyeol yelled running to the car with a sudden spurt of energy.

"Well that was..." Seungcheol started.

"Weird." Kris finished.

"But cute." Namjoon commented getting into the passenger's seat of one of the cars. 

"He's not wrong." Kris agreed.

"He rarely is." Seungcheol said getting into the driver's seat of another car.

"...true." Kris shrugged as he got into the driver's seat of the remaining car. 

Arriving at school, the large group of boys got out of the cars and walked into the school where they met up with the other 10 in their first period. There was a substitute today so they didn't have to do anything. While everyone was chatting amongst themselves, Minseok was being quieter than usual. He was anxious. He felt like something was going to happen today and it didn't feel like it was going to be a good thing. Jongdae noticed Minseok spacing out and wrapped an arm around the elder's shoulder. 

"What's wrong Minnie?"

"I don't really know... it just feels like something is going to happen today?"

"Like... a gut feeling?"

"Yeah... and not a good one."

"Don't worry. We'll be with you all day. And besides, I've seen you. You're tough. I know you can stand your ground."

"Thanks Jongdae. I feel a little more at ease."

"No problem!"

Jongdae smiled and gave Minseok's shoulder a soft squeeze. Keeping his arm wrapped around Minseok, Jongdae returned to the other conversations with Minseok occasionally pitching in. Unconsciously, Minseok began leaning closer to Jongdae enjoying the warmth the younger emitted. Jongdae didn't mind and tightened his grip on the elder just a bit. In the end, Minseok had his head on Jongdae's shoulder listening to the boy talk excitedly about a recent drama. Unfortunately, the bliss didn't last and trouble came right before lunch. After Chinese class, Minseok had to go to his locker and this time, he was able to convince Jongdae to wait for him in front of the cafeteria instead of going with him. After grabbing some lunch money and swapping out textbooks, Minseok was walking towards the lunchroom when he was suddenly grabbed. Being pulled backward, Minseok was dragged into an empty classroom before finally being let go.

"WHAT WAS THE MEANING OF THAT?!" Minseok yelled turning to his captor. "Ew, it's you."

"Oh come on Minseok. Not even a how are you?"

"If I cared I would've asked."

"Still playing hard to get I see."

"I'm losing my patience so you better hurry up before I kick you where the sun doesn't shine."

"Ugh fine. Go out with me" 

"No."

"Come on. Why not?"

"Because I know your type. You're gonna use me and throw me away once you're done. That's what you kinkas, oops I mean ex-kinkas, do."

"You hang out with the kinkas at this school."

"Cause they're decent human beings. You should take notes. Now you and your friends should stay away before I whip all your butts." Minseok huffed walking around him and leaving the classroom. 

As soon as he closed the door to the classroom, Minseok ended up bumping into a chest. He was about to apologize until arms wrapped around him holding him in the person's embrace. Moving to push the person away, he stopped in his movements when he heard the voice of the person.

"Minseokkie! I was getting worried about where you were. I was looking for you."

While Minseok was having his chat in the classroom, Jongdae was waiting outside the cafeteria doors. He glanced at his watch and noticed 8 minutes had passed. He knew Minseok never took longer than 4 minutes to do everything he usually did so he knew something was wrong. He decided to go look for the older himself. Walking towards Minseok's locker, he was confused when there was no one around. Turning around, Jongdae was retracing his steps when he bumped into someone coming out of a classroom. Looking down, he recognized the top of the head immediately and quickly wrapped his arms around the boy.

"Jongdae? I-I kinda can't breathe so can you loosen your grip a little?" Minseok mumbled into the other's chest.

"O-oh sorry! Are you okay? Do I need to beat a person?"

"No no. I'm fine I promise." Minseok laughed. "Let's just go have lunch okay?"

Jongdae nodded and grabbed the boy's hand before they left to the lunchroom. From the corner of his eyes, he noticed a boy come out of the same classroom Minseok had. He could feel the boy's stare directed at them so he quickened his pace a little before he and Minseok disappeared behind the cafeteria doors.

"Was that one of the stalkers?" Jongdae whispered to Minseok.

"...yeah..." Minseok mumbled walking to their table.

"Did he harass you in any way?!" 

"Don't worry. We just talked. I'll tell everyone what happened once we sit down." Minseok squeezed Jongdae's hand to reassure him.

Jongdae pursed his lips but agreed. After they sat down and Minseok explained what happened, Jongdae was disgusted. What kind of person acts like that? Then he saw one of the girls who wouldn't leave them alone and realized that those people act like that too. Regardless, he wrapped an arm around Minseok fearing that the next time he was taken away, talking wouldn't be the only thing that happened. Minseok didn't mind and laid his head on the boy's shoulder as he munched on his food. 

>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: I'm so bad at updating this story I'm so sorry. I hope it's not getting too boring... Also, spoiler but another ship is probably coming true next chapter so I hope you all can anticipate that.

~Admin Jin