27

It's been a few weeks since Xiuchen got together and everything has been mundane. The group went to school every day as per usual, got assigned the usual workload, etc. In fact, the group had been unbothered by their usual pursuers that they nearly forgot about them altogether. But blissful peace can't last forever.

"Has anyone seen Tao?" Kris asked bursting into the classroom where everyone else was sitting, waiting for class to start.

"Not since we got to school..." Luhan replied.

"He said he was going to the library." Junmyeon added.

"Yeah I was with him in the library. He said he was gonna get a book and never came back." Kris said getting a little stressed.

"Don't worry, we'll help you look for him." Yixing assured, getting up from his seat.

"Thanks. I was thinking we-"

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU EVEN LAY A FINGER ON ME I WILL BREAK YOUR ENTIRE ARM OFF!"

Everyone in the room knew that voice belonged to Tao but before anyone, even Kris, could bolt out of the room, Tao slammed the door to the classroom open and walked in, clearly fuming. It was fairly obvious who pissed him off and they all hoped that that boy wouldn't try and follow but the bigger priority was Tao who was now sitting in his seat.

"Tao? Are you okay?" Junmyeon asked.

"Did he hurt you? Did he touch you? I swear if he touched you I'll go break his face!" Kris rambled sitting next to the younger.

"No don't worry, he tried to talk to me and when I refused to acknowledge his presence, he started reaching out his hand to turn me to face him and then I yelled at him. But I would've appreciated the face breaking had it come down to it." Tao cracked a smile.

"Ya know, it's kinda weird to be sitting in the teacher's lounge and hearing your student threatening to break someone's arm off." Mr. Tuan (Jinyoung) joked walking into the classroom. "Seriously though, are you okay?"

"Yeah. He left right after I said that." Tao replied.

"Well might as well remind you guys that you can always turn to us teachers for help whenever you need it. Let's get started with today's notes."

After school, Kris and Tao were walking in the hallways towards the doors that led to the school parking lot. The two didn't speak, instead, a comfortable silence enveloping the two. They had stayed after to work on their projects for drawing a little longer and therefore, having planned this ahead of time, drove a small car to school separate from everyone else. Tao's strides were smaller than the older's which resulted in the younger being behind the older just enough to make it seem like Tao was just conveniently walking behind the taller.

"HEY BABE!" A voice yelled that, at first, neither boy paid attention to.

In a second, Tao was pulled back by the owner of the voice.

"Babe! Where are you going? Why don't I take you home?" It was the boy who bothered Tao in the morning.

"Don't touch him. Don't call him babe." Kris said turning around.

"You don't understand, he's my boyfriend, you don't have to worry about him kinka."

"No, you don't understand, I know you're talking bs. Don't even try it with me. Now let him go."

"Fine. I'll get you soon Taozi."

"Don't call me that." Tao huffed yanking his arm away.

Kris gently pulled Tao back towards him and began walking away.

"Hey Tao-"

"OH MY GOD STOP CLINGING TO HIM!" Someone yelled shoving Tao away from Kris.

Of course, it was one of those annoying girls because, well who else could it be?

"Seriously? Both at once? This is ridiculous." Tao exclaimed rolling his eyes.

"Girl, if I was uncomfortable, I would be able to defend myself. Now go away before I get really annoyed." Kris stated, his patience wearing thin.

"Are you sure you want me to go?" The girl asked batting her eyelashes at the older.

"Wouldn't have said it if I wasn't." Kris replied with a blank stare.

The girl huffed and stormed off, leaving Tao to rejoin Kris at his side. The pair once again made off to their car, a little annoyed from what they just had to deal with.

"They need to stop. Like doesn't all this rejection hurt?" Tao said as he got into the passenger's seat.

"Don't know. But hey, how about we hit up a cafe on the way home? I really need coffee to stay awake for my homework later."

"Sounds good to me."

Kris put the car into gear and they drove off in comfortable silence. Tao liked the fact that they didn't need to talk to be comfortable and even began to doze off. Kris noticed and slightly smiled, the younger was cute all relaxed like that. Frankly, Kris knew he had feelings for the younger boy but things could never be easy. He couldn't tell if the younger would even consider him as anything other than a friend and despite popular beliefs, he was scared to confess to Tao. He didn't want to ruin anything between them, it was comfortable anytime they were together. Kris pulled into the drive-thru of a cafe and gently jostled Tao awake.

"Hmm?"

"What do you want to drink?"

"Uh, a French Vanilla Latte."

"Can I get one Americano, no ice, and one French Vanilla Latte?"

After a few minutes, both boys had their drinks and were on their way home. Both wallowing in their own thoughts, stressing themselves out. When they got home, the boys walked into the house and into their respective rooms, both having a large stack of homework to complete.

Tao dropped his backpack onto the floor in front of his desk and sighed plopping himself into the desk chair. He was beginning to think he was developing feelings for the older boy. And he knew his friends wouldn't care but he was admittedly still a little afraid. There were numerous scenarios that could happen and most of them were bad. Was it worth the risk?

>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Can you tell which ship will come true next? Lmao. Anyway, Happy New Year! I know there wasn't many updates this year and I apologize, I hope to be better at updating (and I know I say that all the time). But new year, new decade, new beginnings! I wish you all the best and hope you stay happy and healthy for years to come!

~Admin Jin