Chapter 2

Taylor POV

The first day of school was okay.

We heard there's a new student in our school but he never came today.

I said my goodbyes with Iggy and Gillian before going out at the field to wait up for Sam. "Hey! You made it!" he exclaimed once he saw me walking up to the bleachers.

"Of course. It's not like I have a ride home or walk 30 minutes back home." I replied sarcastically.

Iggy and Gil lives 10 minutes away from school, so they usually walk home. I grumbled as I sat on the bleachers and took out my books so I could read it, obviously that's what you do when you had a book.

"Hey Taylor!" a voice called out.

I look up and see Cody walking up to me. I smile at him. Cody is Australian and he's a musician. "Hey codes." I greeted.

He sat beside me and sigh, "That's a long day. I've been searching for you all day." he said.

I look at him confused, "Why's that?"

"Ah I need help for the music this weekend and I was hoping you could help me." He said. I shrug, "Sure count me in." I told me.

"Great! Well why are we here?" he asked. I rolled my eyes, "Sam had football practice and so I have to wait up for him." I answered.

"Oh, I can give you a ride." he stated. "Come on let's go." He grabbed my arm and pull me up to my feet. I groaned and grabbed my backpack and stuff my book inside and zip it up before following Cody down the bleachers.

"Sam! Hey Sam!" I called out.

But he couldn't hear me or maybe he ignore me. "Samuel Jamie Marty!" I shouted. Sam turn around and glare at me, "What did I say about fullnames in public?" he exclaimed as he stomp towards me. Cody snickered beside me.

Sam huff once he reached me, "What?"

I rolled my eyes at his attitude, "Well I'm going home. Hitch a ride from Cody here." I said as I pat Cody's shoulder. Sam look at Cody and narrowed his eyes, "Okay. You better take her home straight." he told him sternly.

"Don't worry mate, I'll protect her." he assured him.

I groaned and walk off, "See you at home Taylor!" I heard him called out. I just waved without looking back.

Cody jog to catch up with me and fall in step beside me. "Well that went well." he stated.

I snorted. "You don't say."

Cody is the only guy that Sam and Chad let me close to. Cody already had a girlfriend who is a year older than him. They've been going out for awhile now. We got in his car and turn on the radio, Drunk on a plane by Dierks Bentley came on. Its somehow like a country song.

Cody drummed the wheel as he look at the road. I sing along softly.

He glance at me and smile, "You have a beautiful voice." he told me.

I grinned, "Thank you. My brother's always said I had a horrible voice."

He chuckled, "They're just jealous." I laugh and nod my head in agreement. It was silence then, only the radio on the song that makes it less awkward or whatever. Few minutes later, Cody parked in my driveway.

I turn to him and smile, "Thank you for the ride." I said. He nod and hug me. I pull away and got out of the car. I close the door and he back away from the driveway and drive off, I waved. When he turn the corner and out of sight, I turn around and make my way to the porch.