Chapter 9

Taylor POV

"Taylor!" Christina called out before passing the ball over to me. I catch it and throw it over the hoops.

When it get inside, the crowd cheered.

And of course, the opponent give us the evil eye.

Its the second half of the first game. And we're leading with 28-24.

Iggy tossed me the ball. I dribble it from across the court but one of the girls from the opponent's team caught it when I throw it over to Jackie. I groaned and start to run after the ball.

An hour has gone when the referee blow his whistle. We cheered cause we won the game even when they're just two score away from ours. We did a group cheer and a group hug.

"The Cambridge high won the game!" the announcer exclaimed. Everyone cheered and clapped their hand. I search through the crowd when I met with the greyblue eyes that I grown to love. He grinned at me as he walk towards me. I smile up at him.

He lean down and kiss my lips. I froze. But soon I start to relax and kiss him back. I feel him smile through the kiss as he pull away. He rest his forehead against mine as his hand rest at my hip. I gave him a small smile before pulling away completely, suddenly feeling cold from how he's not bolding me anymore.

"Taylor!" I heard Sam called out.

I turn around and grinned at him, just as he pick me up and spin me around. "You were so great! I'm so proud of you." he exclaimed.

I chuckled, "Okay you can put me down now." I said, laughing.

He put me down and grinned sheepishly at me. I look back, only to see Jared is already gone. I frowned.

Where did he go?

"You could be the female version of Michael Jordan." Anthony said as we walk back in the locker room. "Okay. You guys can't come inside. So I'll see you later." I laugh. They nod and shrug before exiting the gym.

I sigh and walk in the locker room. I was engulf in a hug, making me fell to the ground. "We did it!" Iggy cried out happily.

"Yeah We did!"

---

We're at the cafeteria for our dinner. And I can't seem to forget about Jared.

He kissed me.

My first kiss.

My very first kiss.

I sigh as I stab on the beef harder. "What's wrong?" Iggy asked. I shook my head, "Nothing's wrong." she snorted, "I know you Taylor. Now don't lie and tell me the truth." she said sternly.

I sigh. "Jared kissed me after the game and then Sam called me. I turn around to look at him and when I look back, Jared's gone." I rushed out. 

She look confused, "Woah woah! Hold up! Jared kiss you?" she asked wide eyes. Her eyes twinkle. I scowl, "Iggy I'm serious here." I whined.

She laugh and clear her throat, "Okay I'm serious now." she said.

I huff. She smile, "So is there any firework or anything?" She asked with her big eyes. "No. There's nothing because I was shock." I answered, "But I do get butterflies." I added, smiling at the end.

She grinned and clap her hand together excitedly. "Ooh I totes ship Jaylor together." she declared.

I furrowed my eyebrow. "Jaylor?"

She rolled her eyes, "Taylor and Jared together. Jaylor." She explained. I slap my forehead, "Oh my god it's just a kiss." I exclaimed.

"But you obviously like him." she scoff.

I look away and sigh, "Yeah. I do."

After the dinner, we went back to our room. Jared is obviously not there. I changed into my pj's and went to sleep. I snuggle closer to my duvet and close my eyes.

Sleep took over me in no time.

---

The next day, we got no games. So Iggy and I decided to watch the football since they've a game against our all time rival school, Jackson's high.

I walk up the bleachers behind Iggy, trying to push past people who blocked our way. We took our sit and look around. "So many people." Iggy whisper. I look at her and quirk my eyebrow, "Isn't it the same as yesterday though?"

She shook her head, "Nah. Yesterday's not this many." she said.

I chuckled, "Obviously, cause this time almost all girls are here. Just to check out the boys." I stated as I rolled my eyes.

"Psh how pathetic." Iggy exclaimed.

I nod my head in agreement, "Indeed." I start to clap when the boys walking out of the field for the start of the game. Iggy and I start shouting and whistling.

Yes, we got crazy when we watch sports.

Sam look around the crowd before his eyes found mine. He grinned and give me a thumbs up. He jog after his teammates and they hovering around.

The referee blew his whistle and the game starts.

---

"God How can they won?" Iggy grumbled.

The game just ended, like always, Jackson's high won and that makes us out of the final. I sigh as I walk out of the stadium.

Someone grabbed my arm. I turn and about to scream at the person's face when I saw it was Jared. Iggy cleared her throat, "Uhh I'll see you around bye." she rushed out and walk away in the crowd.

"We need to talk." he stated.

I snort, "Really? Like I didn't figure that out already." I snapped. He sigh and pull me away to somewhere quiet. In the park that's located just outside the stadium. I sigh and sit on the bench.

He sat beside me and we didn't say anything for awhile. "I took your first kiss." He said quietly. I chuckled, "Yeah. Want a medal for that?" I retorted sarcastically.

He groaned, "Can we be a little more serious?"

"Fine."

He took hold of my hand and make me look at him. I stare in his eyes, seeing all different kind of emotions in his eyes. "I like you Taylor." He admitted, "A lot. And it scares me what you make me feel. I know you for so little time and you already have a huge effect on me." he said.

"You have no idea what you make me feel when I see you smile or laugh. I never felt like this before. Not even with any of my ex girlfriend. And I only had two exes." he stated. I rolled my eyes, "Well I don't care. You can find someone else. I'm off limit. You know that." I told him.

He groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't care about what your brother will do to me Taylor. As long as I'm with you, everything's worth it. Everything's worth taking risk." he told me honestly.

His eyes held so much determination, love and hope. I don't know why but my heart start to race when I think about the possibility of us being together.

Wait, what am I thinking?

I shook my head and pull my hands back and stood up. "I-I can't.... I'm sorry." I said and walk away, leaving him.

But little did I know, that night, I regret what I said and what I did. And everything he has once told me came to mind.

'Love is a risk, you gotta put your heart out there to love someone even when you think you have little chance to be with them. If you fall and he didn't catch you, pick yourself up and fall all over again til he catch you. Or when you think that your pain is enough.'

Maybe I do have to take risk. Maybe the end won't be pretty. Maybe we will have our ups & downs but it's the memories in between that can get me all happy and giddy.

~~~

Comment & Vote

xoxoxoxo