Chapter 40

*So this is probably the last chapter. I am so sad cause I actually do enjoy writing this story. But everything must come to an end. Any who, I'm writing a new story soon after this. I'll let you know the details later. Enjoy the chapter guys*

Taylor POV

Chad and Vanessa enjoy their party. Even Jamie. Jared is nowhere to be found cause he went out, for fresh air. Mum and Kat still aren't here and I'm scared that they won't make it.

"Hey you okay? You've been zoning out for 5 minutes now." Sam voice cut me off my thoughts. I look up and met his gaze, "Nah just wondering where's mum." I told him as I check my phone again. I already told Sam about mum and Kat coming. At first he don't like the idea at all. We even had a 10 minutes argument before he finally gives in, finding my reasons are good enough. But let's face it, even us want to know how it's like to have a mother.

Dad knows, and he don't know how to react. I mean, that finally move on from the past. And me, throwing that suddenly, well I wouldn't know how to react if I was him too anyway. But dad also told me, he want us to know our mother.

The reason why I want to clear things up with mum so bad, is because I realise that not everyone is blessed with having a mother. Some did have a mother, but some were ignored. Giving away. Or just neglected and abused. With us, having this chances. I need to know why she did this at the first place. Why she left. Why she didn't even bother calling. And also why dad and Chad lied to Sam and me. "Hey isn't that Kat?" Sam ask as he pointed somewhere.

I look to where he point at and sure enough, Kat and mum is standing there looking around. Kat is wearing a blue strapless dress and mum is wearing a peach dress that flow down to the ground. I stood up and walk to them. Kat met my gaze and smile softly at me, "Hey."

"Hi Kat. Mum."

Mum smile at me as she fidgeting with her fingers. "Taylor did you see- oh hi mum." Chad said once he saw Kat and mum stood in front of me. He look at mum one more time before turning his attention at me, "Do you know where dad is? He kind of gone. Kaapoosh gone!" He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes, "Did you check the bar section?"

"Oh yeah. He's probably there. Be right back. That guy is totally needed for quite awhile now." He grumbled as he stomp off. I glance at mum and Kat who still stood awkwardly. I sigh, "There's food and drinks over there. Why don't you serve yourself some dinner or something?" I ask as I motion to the table that held all the food.

Kat look around, "No thanks dear. We had dinner before we came. That's why we sort of late." Mum told me.

I give her a tight smile.

Someone grab my arm, I turn my head and see Sam standing beside me with a bitter smile. "Be nice," I whispered sternly under my breath at him. He glance at me and sigh, "Hi mum how are you?" He ask quietly and awkwardly. Her face broke into a huge smile, "Hello Sam. I'm fine thanks for asking."

"You don't look fine." I stated softly as I stare at the bruise on her arms.

Mum suddenly felt uncomfortable as she try to hide the bruises. "Hey have you sewn Xander?" Kat piped in as she still look around. I raised my eyebrows, a knowing smile crept to my face. She look back at me and blink, looking confuse. "What?"

I shook my head, "Nothing. Xan probably out at the balcony or at the bar." I answered.

She thanked me before excusing herself and find Xander, who probably looking forward in meeting her too. "So can we talk now?" I ask mum as I look back at her. She sigh and nod her head, "Right after the party of course." I added. She let out a sigh of relief.