Chapter 26

Jared POV

To say I was worried was understatement.

There's no words that can describe how I truly felt the minute Sam told me Taylor shut herself out from the world. And the minute I saw her, crying on her bed, my world came crashing down. The once beautiful and cheery girl I knew was gone and the broken fragile girl was laying there.

I stayed over once in awhile. Or I would go home really late. One time, she came home drunk. Chad lost it and blew up on her while Sam just sat there, feeling helpless. Taylor didn't really heard what Chad said. All she did was blurt all the things she kept and then laugh before stumbling up to her room. We were truly scared and worried for her then.

Darrel came over with me to check in on her. They were in the living room, talking and joking. But Taylor hardly crack a smile. When she said to Sam that it hurt, I felt my heart going to hers. I wish I could erase the pain she's going through.

"You know during eight grade, Jared's birthday. The whole gang did a prank on him." Darrel started as he stare at Taylor. She was staring at Darrel, listening but she didn't make any reaction or comment. The boys walk over and stand by the living room. "I was dressed up as a ghost. Its midnight when we sneak in. We did lot of eerie sound and the scrape of chairs also the banging on the wall. And when he ran around the house, I showed myself as the white lady, Jared scream like a little girl. And when we turn on the lights, we notice that he actually pee his pants. We crack up while he scowling and look embarrassed. But I didn't blame him, He was alone after all. And he scared of horror movie ever since then. Man it was a day we all couldn't forget. We tease him for almost the whole year but eventually we got tired of the same old teasing." He said.

The boys laugh while I grimace at the memory. Taylor even crack a smile. Darrel gasped, "You smile! See! Told you my charm can brightened her day." Darrel said smugly. Taylor even actually let out a small chuckle. Darrel softened at the sound of her voice. I don't know how she did it but somehow Darrel care about Taylor. He was not the type of person who easily care about someone. He's a hard on, the reason why I was so shock when he got worried after I told him about Taylor. All of us make our way to her, she stare at us and quirk her eyebrows.

"What a girl can't crack a smile?" She scoff.

I smile, "Its been ages since you last smile, Taylor. We're making progress here." I stated. She shrug, "Hard not to laugh knowing you pee your pants and that you actually scared of ghost." She told me bluntly and grin.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you would crack up at my embarrassing stories." I grumbled.

Darrel smirk, "Maybe then I should tell her about that one time in freshman year." Darrel said mischievously. I look at him horrified as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't you dare."

He wiggle his eyebrows. "Oh I so dare."

Taylor look at us, clearly amused. "Hey someone like to meet you." Chad said as he walk in the living room. A girl with a huge bump walk in beside him. She's a brunette with a beautiful brown eyes. But nothing compared to Taylor's hazel blue eyes. She smile at Taylor, and her dimples showed.

"Vanessa!" Taylor exclaimed as she ran up to her and carefully hug her.

The girl, I'm assuming Vanessa, smile warmly and hug her. "Hey baby cheeks. I have got chocolate some dvds and magazine from Abercrombie and Fitch." She said wiggling his eyebrows, "Lets go have our girls time yeah?" She said as she and Taylor walk up the steps. Taylor was holding Vanessa hands, helping her walking up the step.

When the girls disappear, we sat down and the room fell silent. It was Sam who broke the silent, "When is her due date?" He asked.

Chad smile, "Soon. Must be soon." He said with a faint smile on his face. I raised my eyebrows, "You knocked her up huh?" I teased. He scowl, everyone's laughing. We talked for a little bit. Planning about Taylor's 18 birthday which is coming very soon.