Chapter 34

Taylor POV

It's been a week since Jared and I talks. He barely hang out around our place anymore. He would give excuses, everytime Sam ask if he want to hang.

Couldn't blame him though. Who would be able to hang out at the place with someone he love, when she basically being told off. I admit, I felt very guilty for doing that. But a little stupid to think that he would protest and go against my words, just to have me. But again like he said before,

'How can I fight someone who isn't even there'

So it's mostly, my fault. I'm the one to blame anyway. I groan as I took a sip from my chocolate milkshake. I went to the nearest cafe after school, to clear my thoughts. But of course I've been doing well with that. Note the sarcasm there. My eyes are fix on the table as I was lost in my own thoughts. Again.

Someone sat across from me, and I was met with the familiar stormy grey eyes. He had a huge grin plastered on his face. A smile made its way to my lips, "Xander! I didn't know I will meet you again." I exclaimed.

He quirk his eyebrows, amused. "Why? Miss me already?" He teased.

I snorted, "You wish." I scoff but the smile is still on my lips.

He chuckle, just as a drink was place in front of him. The girl fluttered her eyes a few times, as she bit her bottom lip trying to look sexy. "Anything else?" She purr, my eyebrows shot up. He grin, "No I'm good." He said as he ignore her and turn his attention on me.

The girl blink and turn to me, her eyes hardened as she glare at me. I raise my eyebrow, silently challenging her to say something. She just huff and stalk off. Xander look at me, clearly amused. "So how was school?" He ask.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm taking my final paper actually." I told him.

His eyebrows shot up, "Oh you graduating? What college you're getting into?" He ask, curiously. I smile, "Harvard university." I answered. He grinned, "That's where I'll be going for my first semester." He told me.

"What course?" I ask casually.

"Law actually. Don't know why, it just came over me. But I'll be taking over my dad's company anyway. So I just take whatever it is on the list." He answered, shrugging his shoulder. My jaw dropped, "Law? Seriously?" I laugh.

He rolled his eyes, "Yes law. Why? Problem with that?" He challenged.

I shook my head and laugh, "No just can't imagine you wearing suit and all." I teased. He rolled his eyes, "What about you?" He ask, averting the spotlights back at me.

I huff, "Medics and some other shit. Though I get a full scholarship for basketball." I stated proudly.

He quirk his eyebrows, "You play basketball?" He ask cleary surprised.

"No, the basketball play me." I retorted.

He look at me wide eyes before he burst out laughing. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to what is so funny. Until the words I said, register in my head. I groaned and cover my face with my hands. "Ugh that sounded wrong on so many levels." I grumbled.

Xander sober up but when he look at me, he burst out laughing all over again. I rolled my eyes and huff, "Ya ha ha. Laugh it off. Very funny." I grumbled.

He let out another few laugh before he sober up, "Alright. I'm sorry. Come on, I want to take a walk." He stated as he got up from his chair.

"Then go ahead, no one stopping you." I said as I was about to mind my own business but Xander haul me up and out of my sit and tug me to the front door. I groaned, "But Xan, I don't want to go." I whined as I fighting him to get out of his hold.