Chapter 24

Unknown POV

I stare at her stunned face, "Well?" I ask impatiently. She sigh and shook her head, "The line was cut off." She told me in a quiet voice.

I flared my nose. If this was a cartoon, I probably have steam out of my ears. I bang my hand on the table, "What did you mean by 'the line was Cut off'" I snap angrily.

She lowered her gaze to the floor, "I'm sorry."

I growl, "Sorry doesn't cut it. I want her living with us. She had load of potential that I could use." I said in authority.

She shaking in fear on her seat, "She's not a puppet that you could toy around with. She's smarter than that." She said quietly. I narrowed my eyes at her and slap her across the cheek.

"You will do as I say. Bring her back to us. I don't care how you gonna do it, I want her to be with us." I sneered before stomping out of the house.

Having Taylor with us would definitely do us good. She had great voice in singing. She had a business brain although she didn't knew that. I know she can help me gain all my money back from all the loss I've had in my company.

And maybe I could do her to satisfied my needs. She seem to have the looks and body. Defiantly appealing to every man species to have their ways with woman.

Her mother do me no good. All she gave me was trouble and headache. She's good for nothing woman.

Taylor POV

I sat in the school library the next day.

Basically, spacing out.

After the call and telling Chad, they were furious and scared. Chad was mad cause he said that mum has no right to call us anymore. She had nothing with us. While dad scared because he was afraid that she'll take us away.

It took me for few hours to assure him that mum won't be able to take us away cause dad had the legal custody over us. Further more, we're adults and we can make our own decisions anyway.

Someone sat from across me, I look up and sigh. "What do you want?" I ask, tired was heard from the way I talk. He quirk his eyebrows, "You really need to go home and get a good rest. You look pale." He stated.

I pull my hoodie tighter around me, "I'm perfectly fine Jared." I snapped.

He rolled his eyes and place the back of his hand on my forehead and wince. "You're hot." He stated. I raised my eyebrow in amusement. He rolled his eyes, "Not that kind of hot. I meant your temperature." He grumbled.

I chuckle and wave my hand in dismissive him, "I'll be fine." I told him.

"Clearly." He scoff.

He got up and pull me to my feet. "You need to get home. And I'm sending you home myself." He stated firmly, leaving no argument.

I was about to protest when he cover my mouth with his hand, "Shut your pretty mouth or I'll kiss you just to shut you up." He said. My eyes widen, I snap my mouth shut and not saying anything.

He grinned and walk me out of the library. The moment I stood out of the library, I already feeling dizzy. I hold on to Jared's arm and hold on to my head with my other hand. He turn to look at me, worried is clear on his face. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just give me a minute." I said as I blink a couple of time, trying to get rid of the blurry.

I stood up straighter, "Yeah I'm good now." I stated. He rolled his eyes and intertwine our hands before walking away. A faint smile appear on my face by his small gesture.