Chapter 28

Cameron POV

"How's Jared?" Sam ask the minute I enter his room. I look back at him and sigh, "He's a messed. A walking zombie." I told him as I sat on the chair beside him.

The tube was being attach on his arm. I look at him, concern. "How are you feeling?"

"Alive." He said as he smile, "I'm trying so hard to stay alive but if Taylor leaves, then I'll give up."

I shook my head in disbelief, "How can you say that? You still have yet to experience your first sex. You can't die a virgin." I joked, trying to lighten up the mood. He rolled his eyes, "Dude seriously? Must you hurt my ego now?" He whined.

"Of course."

"Some kind of friend you are." He scoff. I chuckle, "Taylor will be fine. I know she will be." I mutter quietly.

A faint smile appear on his face, "Are you convincing me or yourself?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes and shove him lightly making him chuckled. He suddenly wince and clutch his chest. I got up on my feet, "You okay bro?" I asked slightly panicked.

He chuckled and wave me off, "Yeah. The usual, I really need Taylor right now." He sigh as his face scrunched up and hold on to his chest tighter. I quickly rush to the emergency button and press it numerous time. Sam started breathing heavily. "Bro, breath Come on man." I shouted.

Sam's face contorted in pain as he curl his body and his breathing getting really weird. The nurse and doctor came rushing in. One of the nurse push me out of the door, not letting me stay. "What's going on? What's wrong with him?" I yelled as I try to push past the nurse so I could get to Sam who's heart stop beating. "Sam stay alive. Keep your heart beat steady." I mumbled over and over.

I sit on the chair and roughly ran my fingers through my hair before burying my face in my hand. Chad rush over with Mr Marty. "What happened?" Chad asked, panic is dripping in his voice.

"I don't know man. He's suddenly can't breath and his heart stop beating when the doctor came in." I told him.

He groaned and ran his hand through his hair. Mr Marty just stare blankly at the window of the door, looking at what the doctor is doing to Sam. Chad look up and put his hand on his shoulder, "They'll be okay dad. Don't worry. They very stubborn when it comes to giving up." He reassured him.

"Chad, I think it's time for us to be ready to let them go." Mr Marty said quietly.

"What?"

"They're suffering. I don't like seeing them like this. Maybe we should let them go." Mr Marty said, defeated. I sigh, "Mr Marty, sorry to be rude. But we got to be strong for them. We need to encourage them to keep going. We can't just stood by the sidelines and watch them fall. No, we help them get back on their feet." I told him.

He chuckled quietly, "Not when it comes to them battling for their life."

---

Sam was okay. Apparently he got a lung failure that cause him trouble breathing. And just like Taylor, he had to breath with the help from the oxygen tank thingy. I have no idea what that thing is called.

He was unconscious.

Didn't wake up since his last well, I don't know what to call it. Jared walk in quietly in the room and look at me, "How is he?"

I shrug, "Living."

He sigh, "Taylor. She's being rush to ICU. Something wrong with her heart. Its been an hour." He said, his voice held slightly annoyed and pained. "Do you think they will... you know?" I trailed off.