Chapter 6

Taylor POV

"Jared, where are you taking me? My legs are tired already." I whined as Jared dragging me by my arm. Jared ignored me. I huffed and stop walking making him stop as well.

He groaned and throw me over his shoulder and continue his walking.

"Jared I don't like being carry around like this." I grumbled. He chuckle, "Shut up Taylor. You've been complaining for the past 10 minutes already."

I snorted, "Its 8 minutes actually." I corrected.

I know he was rolling his eyes at me. "Okay goody two shoes, 9 minutes now." he chuckled. I sigh and keep quiet after that. Few minutes later, we came to a clearing. Jared put me down on the ground and I got a little dizzy. He chuckled and hold my elbow to help me keep my balance.

Once I'm okay, I look around and when I came to the view, it's like I could stop staring and I always thought you can only find this kind of view at the book or internet. "Its beautiful." I breath out.

"Yeah, it is." he murmured.

I look back at him but he was staring at me. I groaned, "I'm talking about the view." I exclaimed. He smile, "And I'm talking about you." he teased.

I snorted and went over to the edge and sit down. Jared sat beside me. "I always love this kind of view." I blurted out.

He smile, "Well me too. I found this place when I moved here and I was mad at my parents." he told me. I quirk my eyebrow and scooted closer to him, "Why did you moved here?" I asked.

He look at me and grinned, "Someone offer a job to my dad here. And its a good deal. So he decided to move us all here." he answered. I just stare at him, wanting to hear more. "So you don't like it here?" I asked again.

"Its not that. I grew up in Amsterdam. That's where my childhood is. Then when we had to moved so sudden and leaving my childhood and friends behind, its kind of annoying." he said softly, "There's a lot of memories in Amsterdam that I don't want to let go of. Or even forget about."

Somehow I feel like he was talking about someone. And just being thinking about it make my chest tightened. "Someone special?" I asked nonchalantly.

He chuckled but didn't say anything. "Well I didn't hear a no." I teased. He look at me and laugh, "Shut up Taylor."

I grinned, "You know for someone who is a bad boy or all that cliche stuff, you sure have a soft side." I told him as I nudge him.

He laugh and push me lightly by his elbow, "You're being ridiculous." I stare wide eyes, "I'm not! You're so sweet and good-looking. I'm sure you can have any girl here." I said.

"Omg stop flirting with me Taylor!" He exclaimed playfully.

I laugh. Like a full-blown laugh. He smile and look back at the view, "Someone caught my eye already. But she didn't seem to know or get the hint." he said.

My chest tightened as my stomach dropped. I stare at the distance and furrowed my eyebrows. I've been feeling like this lately. Every time I saw him with another girl or talk about another girl, I felt disappointed.

You're falling for him You dumbass, a voice in my head snapped.

"Taylor! Taylor." Jared shouted as he shook my body. I blink, "Huh?"

He chuckled, "I asked you if you want to go have dinner with me now. Its 7.30 already." He said amused.

I shrug, "Sounds good to me."

---

Jared took me to a diner nearby. I ordered a chicken salad and mango juice while Jared order a beef steak and chocolate frappe.