Chapter 39

Taylor POV

"How do I look?" Vanessa ask as she turn to look at me. I look up from my magazine and give her the okay sign. She had a light purple dress that flows out from her waist, down to just above her knees. It was sleeveless and sheer just above her chest area. The dress had an cutout at the back, her hair is curl and pin up in a nice elegant way. She had a simple but sweet makeup. "You'll look beautiful Vanessa. Don't worry." I reassured her.

She turn her attention to me and put her hands on her hip. "Why aren't you in your dress yet?" She ask me as she raised one of her perfect trim eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, "Unlike you I am not needed there. I can come anytime I'd like." I said smugly but quickly dash into my bathroom when I see her stern look. I take a quick shower to refresh myself and quickly got out to change into my dress. I let my hair down as it is and apply a light makeup. I don't like having cake face or heavy makeup cause it's just too, I don't know annoying for me. I grab my phone and clutch and walk down the stairs. "Dad what time are we going?" I yelled as I got downstairs.

Sam huff and walk towards me and pointed towards his tie that hung loosely around his neck. I rolled my eyes and help him redo the tie. "Yeah I'm ready let's go." Dad said once he stood by the stairs. "You look beautiful honey." He smile as he kiss my temple. I laugh and hug him, "Thank you and you don't have to get your shotgun loaded if that's what you worried about." I told him as I smile at him teasingly. He chuckled, "Okay let's go. Chad and Vanessa need us. Where's Jamie?" He ask as he look around.

I guess Vanessa left when I was in the shower cause I heard the doorbell rang. "At her crib." I stated as I walk and carry her. Jamie is already in her pink dress that had ruffles and her hair is all curl around her neck. Her blue eyes shine when she see me. "Excited to go for your first party eh?" I ask her as I carry her in my arms. I grab the bag that Vanessa had packed for her and walk out the door. Sam lock it while I walk over to dad's car and got in the backseat.

The drive to the hotel is about an hour or two when we finally got there. I got inside, still carrying Jamie. She look around excited, giggling and making the bubble like sound when she see something glittery. "You made it! God I thought you're kidnapping Jamie." He breath out as he grab Jamie out of my arm.

I snorted, "Jamie is my god daughter so it doesn't consider kidnapping." I retorted.

"Not when the parents don't allow you to take her away." He shot back.

I huff and hand him, Jamie's bag. "Your welcome." I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and thanked me before telling me that Jared is looking for me. Before he could walk away, I grab his arm. He look at me questioningly. "Don't hate me when I say this, but I invited mum here." I rush out and fiddle with my fingers, waiting for his reactions. His eyes widened and he shift Jamie in his arms, "What? Why?" He exclaimed.

I sigh, "Because as much as you don't want to admit it. I know you want her to be there. To be there for your engagement party. To watch you say your vows when you get married. And I don't want you to just wish about it, so I thought I might as well invite her. Besides, everyone deserve second chances." I said quietly as I look around.

Chad didn't say anything for a minute or two when he sigh and hug me with one arms and Jamie in between us. He kiss my hair, "Thank you Taylor. It means a lot. And we all know, we need to talk to her anyway." He stated as he pull away, "Anyway I'm going to find Vanessa. Enjoy your party." He added as he walk through the crowds.

I walk around when someone grab my arm. I turn and met with the grey blue eyes that I love. He kiss me full on the lips, making me sigh in content. I miss his lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, bringing him closer. His hands snake around my waist as one of his hand, tangle in my hair. I smile and pull away, "Hey." I said breathlessly. He grin, "I miss you." He stated.