Chapter 27

Jared POV

We were all anxious as we waiting outside for any information about Taylor.

One of the doctor had came out and told us about Sam's condition. He wasn't badly injured. He only fractured his ribs, broke one of his ankle. And his head wasn't seriously injured. He was conscious when they got here. It was Taylor we all worried about. Its been two hours, there's no news on her just yet. Not even one.

Mr Marty rush to us and walk to Chad, "How's Sam and Taylor?" He ask worried and scared.

"Sam's alright. He's in the room 34 just turn the corner from here. Taylor, well, we don't know." He answered quietly. Mr Marty look at all of us before turning his attention back to Chad, "I'm gonna go check on Sam."

When he disappear from the corner, Chad groaned and tugged on his hair. "What took them so long? Surely she'll be okay. Sam wasn't that serious. She should be okay by now." He said, but we all knew that's not the case. We all knew that something is seriously wrong with Taylor. All we hope was it wasn't anything too serious, that she'll make it through with no problem.

We don't know how long we've been waiting.

But when the doctor came out, we all stood up while Chad and Mr Marty make their way to him. He look at us, amuse was there before it turn to sympathy when he turn to look at Chad and Mr Marty. "Your daughter, well, she's in a coma." He started, "Her right arm and leg was broken badly, from how the truck was hit at the side of her car. She loss a lot of blood but we took care of that already. Her lungs seem to not working perfectly, so we had to attached her an oxygen tube to help her breathing. Her heart is weak. But I'm afraid, we might have a slight chance she will lose her memory from the impact from her head or she might have trouble remembering. We don't know when she will be awake. Its all up to her now. There's nothing more I can do but just help her breath." He told us.

He then put his hand on Chad's shoulder, "Don't put your hopes too high. We almost lost her during the drive here. She's a fighter, but every fighter will eventually got tired of fighting over the same battle." He said before leaving us after telling us the room that Taylor has been transferred too.

We were froze in place, letting the information sinks in. I was broken. I could feel my heart breaking. "Taylor!" Chad yelled before stomping down the hallway, going to Taylor's room. Mr Marty sigh before following his son.

I stay put as I fall back down on the sit behind me. Cameron look over at me, pain was showed in his eyes. He walk towards me and sit beside me, "I hate to say this. But Taylor need you right now." He said quietly.

"You love her, don't you?" I blurted out, staring blankly at the wall.

He chuckled, "Who wouldn't? She's amazing and different from the others. I think lot of guy who close to her might have a crush on her." He answered and sigh. "Come on man. The girl need us." He told me before walking away, leaving me with my own thoughts.

---

It's been one month.

One mongh since the accident.

One month she didn't wake up.

One month without her smile or laugh. And I was miserable.

Vanessa has been discharged from the hospital the day after the baby was born. They name the baby, Jamie. Vanessa name it after Taylor and Sam, in case anything happened. I was mad when she said that. But I know anything can happened.

Sam's condition is no good either. At one point, he suddenly couldn't breathe. He were transferred to the opposite room of the ICU, across from Taylor's, so they could keep a close eye on him too. We were all truly scared for them. It's been a few times when Taylor's heart stop beating, but the doctor manage to keep the beat back. Her skin were so pale, there's scars just across her cheeks and she look weak and vulnerable as she lay on her hospital bed. The tubes been attached at her arms.