Chapter 38

Taylor POV

"Can anyone here please tell me what the hell is going on?" Sam shouted as we all rush around. Jamie, who already learn how to crawl, crawl around the house making Chad curse everyone. He quickly got to Jamie and carry her, handing her over to Sam who is still stood by the staircase looking lost and confuse.

Jared stood beside him, staring at all of us in amusement. "They're looking for Vanessa's ring. Somehow, we don't know how it got lost." He told Sam. Sam look at us weirdly, "And that cause this havoc around in the morning? God, please save me." He exclaimed.

Sam is never for one, the kind of person who like having people rushing around him. It always caused him headache. And when he got headache, it's always lead him to having a fever. He's weird, I know.

"Sorry Sam, you should be upstairs. I'll call you for breakfast when it's ready." I told him quickly as I look around.

Sam didn't need to be told twice, he walk back upstairs with Jamie still in his arms. I'm guessing taking her along with him. "God, where is it?" Chad grumbled.

I groan, "Have you check your bedroom?" I snapped.

He stop searching and stood up straighter, "Right my room. Be right back." He told me. I throw my hands in the air, Jared chuckle and walk up to me, kissing my forehead. "Relax. Everything will be okay." He assured me.

Few hours later, I am standing at the hotel ballroom, where the engagement party will be held. Sam is at the corner, checking the food while I guide the decoration. Dad is outside, talking to some man who I don't recognize. Chad and Vanessa is back at their apartment. I told them to get their rest, because they were the main reason tomorrow people will want to meet. "The food check is all good." Sam told me once he reached me and hand over the clipboard. "Yeah, I think everything's good don't you think?" I ask.

"Yeah everything is just fine." He said as he grab my arm and drag me outside. "Dad, everything's good. Can we go home now?" He ask tired.

Dad look at us and chuckled, "Sure kiddo. Just wait for me in the car."

The drive back took forever, since dad had a few errands to do. I lay down at the backseat, playing games on my phone while Sam whining about how tired and hungry he was. My phone vibrated, and a message pop up on my screen, 'Having fun? xx'

I huff and type, 'No I'm exhausted and I'm hungry.'

'Did you had breakfast?'

'No, I woke up late.'

'Poor baby. I'll be at your house in half and hour with McDonald's. Love you.'

I smile when I read the message. Jared is honestly the sweetest boyfriend I could ever ask for. "Want a takeout honey?" Dad ask. I look up from my phone after I done replying Jared. "Oh no. Jared will be at ours in few hours with food for me." I answered.

Sam turn on his seat, "Seriously? I wish I am a girl right now. So I could have a boyfriend who buy things for me." He exclaimed.

I raised my eyebrows in amusement, "You could be gay." I suggested.

Dad choke on his own saliva as he stare at me from the passanger mirror. "What?" I ask innocently. Dad rolled his eyes before looking back on the road, "No children of mine, going to attract to their own gender." He stated firmly. I chuckle, "Don't worry daddy. Chad is two weeks away from getting married. I already had a boyfriend. Sam, well, Sam couldn't man up to the girl he likes." I reassure him.

Sam glare at me, "No. I just don't want to have a girlfriend." He argued.

I snorted, "Yeah the reason why you give Jackie 'the look'." He glare and cross his arms, feeling annoyed. "Dad drive faster, I don't want to be in the same car as her anymore." Sam whined.