Chapter 36

Taylor POV

Jared didn't call.

He didn't even find me.

To say I was hurt was understatement. I was beyond hurt. I was broken. And I had a hard time, to keep my emotions intact. I am not okay. I'm never am. Xander and Sam has been trying everything they could to bring a smile on my face.

But the smile, never quite reach my eyes.

And surprisingly, my family welcome Xander with open arms and even treat him like a family. Xander was more than happy to know that, he never knew what it was like to have a family considering that his parents always busy and his siblings had always been busy with their own life.

He even act like my brother. One time when I was out at the mall, searching something for Chad and Vanessa engagement party, Xander glare at all the boys who gave me the 'oogly' eyes as that what he said.

I walk out of school, since my exam just finish. I grunted when Sam drape his arm around my shoulder, "What's with the sour face Tay Tay?" He ask.

I shrug his arm off and sigh, "I'm not feeling good." I stated as I rubbed my temple, feeling a headache coming. He shook his head, "You're lucky our paper is done and over with." He said as he grab my hand and guide me to his car.

We didn't hang out with the boys a lot since we were busy helping Chad and Vanessa organizing the engagement party. Their wedding is two weeks after that, a day after our graduation day. It was honestly a busy week. I didn't eat well, the reason why I get sick easily. I was Vanessa's bridesmaids while Sam was Chad groomsmen. Sam didn't like the idea of wearing suit, he never like suit and tie. Just like how much I don't like the idea of stilettos and dresses.

Sam drive me back home straight. Saying he'll tell Vanessa and Chad, I couldn't make it. I was suppose to be with them after school, to try out the dress Vanessa pick out for the bridesmaid. Maybe it'll have to wait then.

I probably just need a lot of rest and a sufficient of food inside of my system. I'll be good as new by tomorrow morning.

---

I was wrong.

I was so wrong.

The next day, I was hunched over the toilet bowl, puking my guts out. Someone pull my hair back and rub my back. I lean back and flush the toilet, before going over to the sink and wash my mouth. Sam look at me worried.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" He ask curiously.

I spattered the water all over and look at me, bewildered. "What? No! My period is last week!" I exclaimed. He snickered and put his hands up, "Alright I'm just asking. Jeez." He turn and left the bathroom. I left the bathroom minutes later after I was done brushing my teeth and showering.

My face is still pale as I walk downstairs. Chad took one look at me and sigh, "You're staying home alright? We get you your dress for the engagement party. We'll be back for dinner, take care." He said as he move to kiss my forehead. Sam grumbled, "Why can't I stay and look after her?" He whined.

"Because you are my wingmen." Chad answered as he walk out the door with Jamie on his arms.

Sam rolled his eyes and quickly hug me, before following Chad to the car. With a grumpy face that amused Jamie, cause she giggle.

I close the door once their car disappear around the corner. I walk to the kitchen to grab some food and walk to the living room to watch tv. I really don't like being alone. I'm aware, I've been avoiding people and literally spend my time alone. But I don't like being alone in a home, where there's no voices or anything. Just silence.