my parents and me

mood: everything has changed- taylor swift ft ed sheeran

Tuesday, August 7th, 5:43 pm

"Louis, can you come downstairs?" Laura, Louis' mum, yelled from the kitchen. Louis can be heard opening his door and coming down the stairs. He made a turn to his right and entered the kitchen. When his mom saw him she asked, "Can you take the garbage out for me? I'm almost done with dinner."

"Seriously?" Louis fussed and snatched the bag that was laying on the floor, waiting to be taken out. He slipped his feet through his slides and went outside to put the trash out. Outside, there was a moving truck across the street from his house. There were two men, one older than the other, unloading what seemed to be an endless amount of boxes from the truck.

He flopped his way to the other side of his house to put the trash bag in the bin. Since it was Tuesday, the trash was going to be picked up tomorrow morning so he took it upon himself to bring it out to the curb. As he was dragging the bin across his driveway, he hit a bump in the sidewalk, causing the bin to fall on its side. "Seriously? Every single time," Louis sighed to himself picking up the bags that fell out and putting them back into the bin. It didn't help that Louis forgot to put the trash out last week, so the contents spewed out with difficulty to push them all back in.

Since there were so many bags, he had trouble shoving them back into the bin. He also didn't bring the bin back upright making it harder for him. "Hey, need some help?" a voice he's never heard asked from behind him. He ignored the voice and kept trying to shove the bags back in. As he went to grab a bag, he felt a hand on his shoulder and Louis immediately tensed, retracting his hand to his chest. His whole body turned into stone. He could hear his heart beat in his ears and feel his pulse in his toes. Tears started to prickle in his eyes and the hand was removed from his shoulder when it was sensed that Louis was uncomfortable. The person walked around Louis to face him. "Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" Tears slowly streamed down Louis' face.

Louis moved his eyes and they met with the person who was only trying to help, looking at him for a couple seconds. Worried emerald eyes caused Louis' body to soften the slightest bit. He recognized him from earlier as one of the two men moving boxes across the street. He wore a black tank top, jean shorts, some converse, and his hair was half in a bun and half down. Louis brought his hand up to his face to wipe away his tears and went to finish putting the bags in the bin, ignoring anything his new neighbor has previously said. "Here, let me help," the boy offered grabbing the bag from Louis' hand being careful not to touch him.

Louis watched the boy pick up the rest of the bags and bring the bin to the curb. The boy came back to Louis dusting his hands off before introducing himself. "Hi, I'm Harry. Harry Styles. I uh- I'm moving in across the street. I saw you struggling so I thought I'd give you a hand. And um- I'm sorry if I scared you or anything."

Louis stood across the boy, who he learned goes by the name Harry, watching him ramble on. He couldn't help but feel a little guilty that Harry thought he did something wrong. And there was something about those eyes that warmed him inside and put him at ease. "Um, n-no you're fine. You didn't do anything, it's just me. I'm Louis by the way. Louis Tomlinson," Louis would never even think to engage with a stranger but, again, there was something in those green eyes that soothed him. He stuck his hand out for Harry to shake and Harry was hesitant at first but figured since Louis offered it would be okay. He shook his hand and smiled.

"Pleasure to meet you Louis Tomlinson." Harry scanned Louis' face and took all of his features in: his rounded button nose and his thin lips, the way the setting sun accentuated the freckles spreading across the tops of his nose and cheeks, how his eyes squinted from the sun and the way his eyebrows raised because of it, and are his eyelashes really that long?