he was lost, stuck in a daydream (a nightmare rather)

mood: bridge over troubled water- simon & garfunkel

Thursday, September 28th 7:08 am

"I have a proposal," Harry spoke sneaking up behind Louis just as he passed his front yard.

"Mr. Styles, it's always a pleasure to hear your voice first thing in the morning," Louis greeted, rolling his eyes. As of right now he wasn't in a bad mood— let's see how long that lasts— but sometimes even hearing Harry's voice, no matter how much he loves it, can be irritating. Simply because Harry is overwhelming. His presence is always a lot to take in and Louis just wanted an easy day for once without feeling too much.

"Hear me out greased lightinin'." He picked up his pace so he could walk backwards in front of Louis.

"I'm all ears," Louis sighed sounding the least bit interested in whatever Harry had to say.

He pouted, slumping his shoulders forward and looked highly disappointed that Louis wasn't excited to hear what he had to say. "Woah there, I'm going to need you to hold your excitement."

"Get on with it already."

"Someone's moody today." Harry clawed at him while growling like a cat. "We've skipped friendship and went straight to arguing like a married couple."

"Can I be honest with you?"

"'Course."

"You ramble a lot and, quite frankly, it annoys me so if you would get on with it already that'd be peachy."

Harry was taken aback from Louis' bluntness. He never really was one to be so harsh and it was slightly concerning. However, he didn't get that vibe he usually does when Louis' down. There's usually an overwhelming feeling in the air that was beyond thick tension. It was hard to breathe and focus on anything other than Louis Tomlinson. He didn't feel that, but something was definitely off.

"Right. Well I came up with this genius idea last night before bed." He planted his feet on the cement causing Louis to do the same. He just stood there with absolutely no interest, not even attitude. He was just there. And it felt weird. Louis just stared into him as if he was only a body and no soul. He looked empty but not drained, alive but not living, present but not here. Louis shook his head as if saying yeah and? signaling for him to carry on. "Oh yeah! So I came up with this idea that if you let me be your friend I will take you out to dinner, just me and you. Consider it a date."

Confliction was a constant whenever it came to Harry presumably because Louis wanted to be associated with him, who doesn't? But there was something in the back of his mind screaming no. Yes he was flattered, tickled even, that Harry would go to great lengths for a stupid friendship (but the butterflies in Louis' stomach when Harry said date will not be mentioned). It's been exactly seven weeks and three days since they first met and Harry was still here. He was still trying so hard to be a part of Louis' life so why was he so conflicted? And he almost gave in until a picture of a toned boy with raven hair and tan skin flashed through his mind giving him chills.

"I'm not much of a food person." He set to walk around Harry but was denied access when the one clear pathway was blocked by his tall figure.