the moon understands what it means to be human

mood: sunflower vol. 6- harry styles

Tuesday, October 25th 11:43 am

To say that Louis was having a bad day would be an understatement. Not only did he sleep in his first few lessons, but he also forgot all of his homework in his room so if that didn't say enough what else could? He slept through his alarms, his mum, and probably his dad as well along with the loads of text messages from Harry saying he was outside waiting for him, then asking where he was and if he was okay. He even called Louis a few times and still he didn't wake up.

But when he finally did, the house was too silent for his liking and if there wasn't enough panic coursing through his veins, when he checked the clock on his dresser he jolted out of bed and got right to dressing himself. It was almost nine o'clock meaning that third lesson was to begin soon and to make it on time he wouldn't be able to shower. In no time he was dressed and refreshed, doing his very best to freshen himself up without actually having a shower. He threw on the first clothes in sight, not even knowing if they were clean or not, but honestly he didn't care. His priority was to get to school. It's not like anyone payed attention to him anyway.

To make matters worse, it was pouring rain in the morning. Of course, why wouldn't it? He just had to sleep in on the worse day ever. In order to make it on time to third lesson, Louis had to run in the freezing rain with his sweats and vans. He had no umbrella or jacket to keep himself dry. While he was getting dressed, he was too focused on getting ready that he didn't hear the rain splashing against his window and once he saw the rain, there was no way he would make it to school in time if he were to run back up to get an umbrella.

He was probably the slowest runner he knew so it took him about six minutes to get to school— which was only four minutes shorter than his walk— and by then he was completely soaked from head to toe. But thank god for theatre because he always kept a spare outfit or two in his theatre locker just in case anything dared to happen. He was able to change into a different pair of sweats but unfortunately had to keep his soaked vans on and go commando for the day because he didn't want the outline of his wet boxers to show up on his dry sweats. After he changed he ended up being a few minutes late to third lesson since the theatre was on the opposite end of the school from the maths hallway.

It was a struggle, but he made it through to lunch and was not in the mood for anything at all. He didn't want to see, speak, or even hear Harry's voice because he knew he'd be the only one looking for him. He wasn't upset at Harry, he just didn't want to deal with people at all today. With it only being a few minutes into the lunch period, Louis hoped Harry wasn't going to show but with his luck today he was going to. He was sat in the back at his usual table, facing the door and all, engaged in his homework, too focused and frustrated to care about anyone around him.

The door to the library opened and closed as it would and normally Louis would look up, but again he didn't have a care in the world. He also felt like that was going to be Harry, especially when he saw a tall figure in his peripherals walking down the centre aisle. "Lou, Lou, Lou, Lou, Lou, Lou, Lou" Harry repeated as he went up and down a musical scale in arpeggios. He coughed and hummed the pitch of the neighbouring scale's first pitch and then proceeding to do arpeggios in that scale.

"Not in the mood, Harry," Louis mumbled, scribbling down maths equations.

"I figured. What's up then?" Harry asked, pulling out the chair in front of Louis for him to have a seat.

"Just not the day."

"Yeah, what happened to you this morning?" Louis huffed in frustration, slamming his pencil on his notebook and finally looking up to meet emerald eyes with a glare because Harry was not getting through his thick skull that he didn't want to speak. "W-well, I mean."