Chapter 4

Prince Harry's POV

I lift my head up off the plush cushions, turning my head to the pedestal and click to see to the time on my phone. The phone lighting up displaying 6:05 am the brightness making me groan while rolling over face first into my pile of cushions. Not knowing why I was awake so early, I decided to get comfortable again and try to fall back asleep.

What feels like 20 minutes later, my phone rings, waking me up even though it feels like had I just fallen asleep. I sit up slowly and grab my phone off the pedestal, to see Gemma's face flashing across my screen. I answer the call, seeing Gemma's face pop up, looking as if she's been up for hours.

"Harryyy. I miss you." She says with a smile across her face, showing a simple in her left cheek. "Oh my word your hair!" She exclaims making me laugh.

"Gem, I've been gone for a day, not even." I say to her making her giggle. "Also I only cut it a bit shorter, It was getting too long, and I'm trying to go unrecognized over here."

"I know, feels like longer though. Am I not allowed to miss my older brother? Your hair looks nice by the way, even though you might struggle a bit going unnoticed, Prince Harry." She says teasing, making me shake my head and chuckle. "Where have you gone off to anyways?" She asks making me sigh while running a hand through my hair.

"Gem, I'm not that far away, but if I tell you, you can't go tell mum and dad." I say looking at her as she shakes her head furiously.

"I promise I won't." She says leaning closer to the camera.

"Give me a second." I say closing the call temporarily to send her the photo I took out of the airplane window.

"I sent you a photo, go check it out

"I sent you a photo, go check it out." I say opening the call back up, to which he nods and goes to retrieve the photo.

"Oh my." I hear her softly say making me smile gently. "Harry you're in Venice!" She exclaims, quite loudly at that.

"Gem." I say whining softly, Incase my parents heard her outburst.

"I'm sorry." She says with a sheepish smile across her face. "But Venice!" She exclaims softer while leaning closer to the camera as I just nod in return.

"Oh how is it, I've always wanted to go there." She says leaning her head in her hand as her elbow rested on the desk in front of her.

"I got here yesterday Gem, I haven't really been out yet, but I am going around later with John, from what I've seen it looks beautiful here." I say as her eyes widen. "Yes I took John with me, I'll tell mum and dad later. I'm not irresponsible Gem, I'm 26 remember?" I say chuckling as she nods.

"I know, I know, you're actually super old." She says making me pout. "Only kidding. But may I ask, why the need for this sudden trip anyways?"

"Didn't mum and dad tell you? I need a small break just to relax for a wh-" I start to say before she cuts me off.

"Harry, I'm not buying that." She says giggling. "I know you, and you love it here, if it was up to you, you'd never leave and besides you're always relaxing somewhere around here. So tell me, why are you actually in Venice."

"How'd you know that I'm here for any other reason?" I ask shocked that she knows me so well.

"I know you Harry, you're only 5 years older than me, I've been living with you for 21 years." She says laughing. "Now tell."

"Well I have been thinking." I say slowly as she nods for me to continue. "You know I've been with dad watching how he rules the system and everything for the past 5 years." I continue to which he nods. "Well I'm not taking anything away from dad, he is an amazing King, and mum and amazing Queen as well, however, I just feel that some things need to change."

"What do you mean?" She asks with a puzzled and intrigued expression on her face.
----------------

"Yes." I say slowly, trying to see where she lies on my idea.

"Harry that's really considerate." She says as a smile grows across her face. "Mum and Dad would be so proud of you. Why didn't you tell them?"

"I want to do this by myself, I know they believe that I am responsible, but I want to show them that I actually have the right views at heart. Please don't tell Mum and Dad Gem." I say to which she nods.

"I won't, I'm proud of you Harry, you really will be an amazing King one day." She says smiling as I thank her.

"Okay well Gem, I'm going to go discover the City today but I will speak to you soon alight?" I ask as she nods enthusiastically before saying goodbye and ending the call.

After locking my phone, I grab a pair of plain black jeans, and a casual shirt, along with a black jacket, laying them out on the bed before walking into the bathroom to get ready.

After I was dressed, I threw on a pair of sunglasses and a hat, trying to cover up a bit more, before messaging John telling him that I'd meet him in the Lobby.

I grabbed my card for the Suite, slipping it into my back pocket, and walking downstairs to the lobby. I walk down the stairs and see John had already pulled the car up, so I walked out the lobby and climbed into the black car.

"Where to Harry." He says holding onto the seat next to him and twisting around to face me."

"Umm, somewhere central John." I say making him laugh before typing into his maps.

"San Marco it is."