Chapter 12

Eliana Moretti's
Point of View

"Oh, it really is beautiful. Do you know who the artist is?" I ask as he nods.

"It's an original by Fleur Moretti." He says making my heart stop.

"Are you sure?" I ask softly as he nods in return as my eyes start to water. "How much does it cost?"

"400 Euros." He says making me nod slowly and shake my head. I couldn't even afford to use 80 Euros on a gondola trip, this painting was and will be forever out of my reach.

"Oh okay, thank you. Have a good day." I say to him softly as I walk back to the flowers.

"These." I hear Harry say holding out really beautiful flowers in front of me. "Are for you." I reach our taking them, looking down at them.

I feel the water run down my cheeks as it falls onto the flower, making me close my eyes.

I feel Harry's hand hook under my chin as he gently tilts my head up. I slowly open my eyes to meet his beautiful emerald green ones under his fedora which were full of concern.

"Okay Eliana, I've been worried about you all day, but I can't just ignore it anymore, I care too much to do that's." He says softly to me, pulling me into his chest.

"How about we call it a day so we can go speak at yours?" He says still holding me before leaning back.

"But- um- Harry, my hou-se- isn't big at all, it's rea-"

"I'm not going to judge you, remember?" He says looking down at me as I nod, "not now, not ever."

He kisses my forehead, before he holds my hand as I lead him back to the cottage.

The walk was silent yet comfortable, knowing that if I tried to speak, I would have failed at keeping my emotions at bay, which would cause them rush out all at once.

Prince Harry's
Point of View

We walked slowly, in silence, as I gently ran my thumb over her hand that was encapsulated in mine.

Throughout the day, I've noticed her act slightly off and I've tried not to push her, but when I saw her porcelain cheeks stained from tears leading up to her watery eyes, I couldn't just leave it. Something really wasn't right.

I followed her to her house, as she stayed close to me, leading me through a gate and into a garden. She looks to me, allowing me to see the slight fear of embarrassment and judgement in her eyes.

"I'm not going to judge you." I say gently running my left hand across her cheek as she nods slightly before walking up to the cottage.

She reaches into her bag, searching for the key before unlocking the door and walking inside, allowing me to follow her. She moves away to turn on the light before looking at me. I place my card for the hotel room as well as my phone and wallet on the counter before moving towards her.

I open my arms, as she moves into them.

"Eliana." I say softly as she moves back slightly, looking at me with big, clear blue eyes.  "Can we maybe talk?" I say softly, as she nods.

I wait for her to say something, as she asks if we can sit on the bed. I slip off my shoes before following her up onto her bed.

She takes the blanket over her, as I sit opposite her.

"Elle." I say making her look at me as her eyes start to water again.

"My parents used to call me that." I hear her say softly as I move to hold her hands in mine and leave them in her lap. "They both died in a car crash when I was 12" She says making my eyes widen as I squeeze her hands, signaling that I'm here for her.