Chapter 20

Eliana Moretti's
Point of View

"Elle, we've landed." I hear the familiar voice say, yet my tiredness takes over as I feel myself falling back to sleep.

Suddenly, I feel his lips on my cheek, making me roll over onto my back. My eyes flutter, not wanting to open, until I feel Harry's lips on mine. I hum in content as I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. 

"My love, we're here." He chuckles softly, pulling back, making me pout and rub my eyes. "You are adorable." He says as I stand up and get ready to get off the plane.

I flatten my hair out, looking in the mirror just double checking when I feel Harry place his head on my shoulder.

"You look stunning." He says, making my stomach fill with butterflies and my cheeks to redden. I twist my body, making him lift his head off my shoulder, only for me to lean back up to kiss him.

"You are too sweet." I tell him, making him chuckle and shake his head.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks, placing his hat and sunglasses back on. "There should be a car outside to fetch us." He tells me, to which I nod, holding his hand while following him off the plane.

We walk off the plane, the coldness of the air biting at my nose, yet also refreshing compared to the heat that occupied Venice most of the time.

When he said outside, I didn't realize he meant literally outside the airplane, but as soon as we walked down the stairs, we were met with a man dressed in smart attire, standing by a vintage styled car.

"Welcome back Prince Harry." He
says nodding his head down, moving forward to open the back door of the car.

"Thank you, Michael, I'm happy to be back." He says nodding his head with a smile.

Harry gestures for me to climb into the car first, and I climb in sliding all the way through, as he follows behind me soon after.

I look out the closed window, as the driver pulls out of the airport and makes his way onto a main road. I watch the scenery running past, admiring the different setting, which contrasted the one that I had gotten used to seeing daily over the past years.

"It's so beautiful here." I say softly, mostly to myself until I realized that he heard me as well.

"You're beautiful Elle." He whispers in reply, making me face him instead as my cheeks tinted. I was immediately captured by his beautiful eyes that never failed to draw me in. He lifted my hand in his, placing it gently on my cheek, running his thumb softly across it.

"I-"

"Prince Harry, I have received information that there are News Reporters around the gates of the palace." Michael says, cutting Harry off from speaking.

"Alright, Thank you Michael." He says politely, dropping his hand from my face, the moment now ruined making me sigh softly, thinking about what he wanted to say, turning back to look out the window.

As I watch the scenery run but rather slowly, I feel Harry's hand intertwine with mine and his head on my shoulder while the screen between the back of the car and the front rolls closed, separating us from Michael.

"I'm so happy that you're here with me." His words fill the car bringing a smile to my lips.

"Thank you for bringing me with you." I say back utterly grateful.

"Elle." He says, lifting his head off my shoulder, allowing me to move to face him. My eyes connect with his once again, as he looks deeply into mine.

"Yes?" I whisper softly.

"I'm falling for you." He whispers back, knocking the air out of me. I think my heart stopped for a second as I just stared at him. Suddenly I remember that I need to breathe, even though the words just knocked my breath out of me. "Elle, I just wanted to tell you, you don't nee-"

"Harry." I say softly, watching his eyes that were filled with worry. "I just hope you're ready to catch me, because I'm falling for you too."

A huge smile spreads across his face, making one reflect on mine as well.

"I'll be at the bottom of the fall, ready to catch you." He whispers back, gently grabbing my face with both his hands before connecting our lips together.

We bull back for air, with our foreheads leaning against each other, as the car comes to a stop.

"I'm nervous." I say, making him chuckle.

"Elle, you waited the entire plane and car ride to tell me?" He asks still chuckling, as I nod sheepishly. "Honestly though love, there's nothing to be nervous about. My sister already knows you, my dad will love you, my mum might be difficult, but I promise you, you have nothing to worry about okay?" He says reassuring me, making me nod slowly.

"Mi amore, you said your mom might be difficult ?" I ask worried about meeting her.

"Elle, please don't worry. I cannot tell you how she will react, but I hope it'll be good, either way, her opinion doesn't change the fact that I am and very much so into you." He says, making me blush and shake my head.

"You have such a way with your words." I say honestly, making him chuckle and thank me.

"I'd hope so, otherwise the poetry I've been writing must not be very good." He says, making me tilt my head.

"Poetry? You've never mentioned that." I say interested.

"I don't tell a lot of people, but you've heard some of it." He says making me furrow my eyebrows.

"I have?" I ask in confusion as the car moves again.

"Since I've met you I've been saying some of it. I guess It just becomes so natural that it doesn't sound that different from the way I usually talk." He says making me nod.

"Will you read me some more later?" I ask, getting a nod in response. Next thing the screen rolls down as we come to a complete stop.

"Prince Harry, we have arrived." Michael says, climbing out the car before walking around to open the back door.

"Thank you Michael." He says smiling, before climbing out the car and turning around, offering me his hand to help me climb out after him.

"Thank you Michael." I say smiling at him once I'm out the car, to which he responds with a nod. 

"Come on love, let's go inside." He says holding my hand, leading my inside.

"What about our bags?" I ask slowing down, making Harry slow down as well.

"Don't worry love, they will be brought to my room." He says, making me nod slowly. "Are you okay with staying with me?"

"Yes of course." I say smiling, "I guess I'm going to have to get used to people doing things around here." I say giggling, making him chuckle and nod before he leads me inside.