Chapter 16

Eliana Moretti's
Point of View

"What did you have in mind?" I ask him as I sit down on the bed as he finishes getting ready.

"Well." He says, throwing a black jacket over him before walking closer to me and sitting down next to me on the bed.

Something that I've picked up about
Harry is the way he never talks down to anyone, no matter who he's speaking to, he never asserts himself over someone and now that I think about it, he really does have the qualities of a prince.

"I was wondering, if we could maybe go past some of the places you were for those three years, in hopes to see the other part of Venice?" He says making me freeze. "We don't have to." He immediately reassures me, shaking his head quickly.

"No. It's okay, we can go." I say nodding slowly as he squeezes my hands.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, if you don't want to, we can go somewhere else." He says softly looking into my eyes, showing me the care in his eyes.

"I haven't been there since." I say slowly, as he nods for me to continue what I was saying. "But as long as you're with me It's okay. I think Its about time I face it." I say smiling softly, standing up and pulling him up with me.

He stands up as we walk out the hotel room together before we reach the main exit.

"Could we stop past the bakery first?" He says, making me nod. We decide to walk around today instead of having John drive us, making it slightly longer to reach our destinations.

After ten minutes, the two of us reach the bakery, where we are greeted by the small familiar bell as the door opens.

"I was hoping we could take some food incase we see some people, just to help out." He says softly as we walk to the counter. "A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal."I look up at him in awe, admiring the person in front of me. The people like Harry in the world are the ones who instill hope in humanity.

"What was that?" I ask out of utter curiosity.

"The quote?" He says looking into my eyes.

"Yeah."

"Oh, I have a habit of reading quotes often, sometimes they just stick to memory." He says making me smile.

"Mmh I never knew that, I guess I haven't really noticed that before." I say causing him to chuckle lightly.

"No worries, it's nothing special." He says, making me shake my head.

"I disagree, I think it's a very special trait." I say making him smile, before he lifts my hand in his, placing a kiss on it, making me smile. "I honestly am not sure what I did to deserve you."

"What do you mean love?"

"You're such an amazing, and kind hearted man, who never fails to put anyone else's needs above yours. You are very close to perfect, and I'm very far from it." I say making him furrow his eyebrows towards the end.

"I'm happy you're you." He says making me tilt my head slightly. "If you weren't you, I don't think we would be where we are right now - together." He says genuinely, making me smile up at him.

He leans down placing a soft kiss against my lips, as the back door of the bakery's kitchen opens.

"Ahh, Eliana!" I hear Marie's voice, making me lean back from Harry and turn to face her.

"Hi Marie. This is-" I say turning to Gesture towards Harry.

"Prince Harry Styles." Marie finishes, making my eyes widen. "Don't worry my darling, I haven't told anyone, well besides Bertram, we figured it out together." She says laughing lightly.

Harry takes his glasses off holding his hand out, to which Marie accepts and shakes.

"It is lovely to finally officially meet you, I have heard a lot about you." He says, making Marie smile.

"Ahh I'm glad, as well on my side, Eliana is quite fond of you." She says making me blush and shake my head lightly as he chuckles and places a kiss on my head making Marie coo in awe.

"Well Darlings,how can I help you two." Marie says with a smile.

Harry orders and pays, and while the two of us wait, seated at one of the tables, Marie and Carol get the order ready.

"She is very sweet." Harry says to me, causing me to nod.

"I really do think that Marie is some type of angel." I say giggling slightly.

"Why's that love."

"She saved me, not only that, but she helped me back on my feet, she held me when I fell and was always there for me since then, she helped me believe in myself again, she helped me through the time when I thought that there really wasn't a point of being here anymore, in those three years, I thought that because no one looked for me, no one cared for me, and when no one cared when I was gone, I lost all hope, until she came." I say softly, but loud enough for Harry to hear.

I feel his hand on my face, as his thumb gently runs over my cheek, collecting the tear I didn't know escaped.

"My love, you are so much stronger than you have even begun to realize, you're beautiful, honest, caring, intelligent and so compassionate. You deserve to be treated the same as everyone." He says as I listen fully.

"The world doesn't work that way Harry." I say softly.

"Sadly, I know it doesn't, but because of what you went through doesn't make you any less of a person. You shouldn't have gone through what you did, nobody should, the government should have been more responsible, they should have done something, I should have done something." He says, making me shake my head, but he continues, not allowing me to disagree with him taking the blame that had nothing to do him. " I can promise my love, I will make sure, " he says squeezing my hand. "That things change."