Chapter 7

Eliana Moretti's
Point of View

My eyes look at his face, while my hand lingered in his bigger one. His eyes are covered by his dark sunglasses, hindering me from seeing his emerald green eyes that he showed me yesterday.

He stood there shaking my hand while looking into my eyes. He was undoubtedly very handsome from what I could see under his black fedora and sunglasses.

I'm not exactly sure what, but there's something about him that makes me freeze up. I'm sure he can see that he has that effect on me yet he doesn't show it. He seems to be very kind, considering what he just did a few minutes ago with the food he bought from the bakery.

"Well love, thank you for helping me. I know this sounds absolutely crazy since we just met, but I've just arrived here and i'd love to get to know you a bit, maybe you could give me like a tour?" He says, making my heart visibly beat faster, and a blush to crawl onto my cheeks.

"Yeah, definitely, that sounds lovely, except I don't really get up to much around here." I say slowly yet softly, trying to get the words out of my mouth without stuttering. My response brings a beautiful smile across his face making me smile back at him.

"It would be lovely to see the city from the point of view of someone who lives here. Well Eliana, I don't want to keep you from your job." He says, making my eyes widen knowing that I should be working in the bakery right now and Marie is probably going to kill me if she notices I'm gone. He notices my reaction and chuckles lightly, producing a lovely noise. "So could I possibly get your cellphone number?"

"Uh-Yeah sure" I say as I give him my number as he types it in, locking his phone and smiling at me.

"Thank you Eliana, well I shall see you soon for that tour then?" He says flashing his perfect smile as I nod back with a smile. "Enjoy the rest of work." He continues before I say goodbye and walk into the shop.

I walk behind the counter and plop down onto the chair, resting my head in my hand staring out the clear door of the bakery. I let out a sigh, trying to figure out why this man had such an effect on me, who was he?

"Well Eliana, I see you have had some fun today, day dreaming about that man already?" I hear a voice say, making me jump and and turn to the side to see Marie standing there with a smile on her face. I held my hand to my heart, attempting to calm it down after the fright Marie just gave me.

"Sorry Marie, he asked me to help carry some things up the road for him." I say shrugging, sitting back down.

"Okay love, I'm only teasing you." She says putting her hand on my shoulder, squeezing it lightly, as she chuckles.

"I know Marie." I say giggling, standing up and moving around to the tables to clean up a bit, trying to avoid a blush crawling onto my cheeks by thinking about Harry.

"So who was he?" She asks, sitting in the seat where I was just sitting, looking over at me.

I stop wiping down the table, holding the cloth in my hand and looking up to meet her gaze. "I don't really know." I say honestly, making a puzzled look cross her face.

"Well Eliana, I think it's about time you find someone, as much as I love you, you can't work in the bakery for the rest of your life, you need to find something beyond this bakery." She says making me sigh and sit down at the table I was wiping down.

"Marie, you know I don't have time for that. I'm just managing to keep enough to get food and clothes, never mind leaving my job here just yet." I say sadly.

"I know my darling, and you are always more than welcome to ask me and Bertram for help whenever you need, you are like our child." She says making me sigh.

"I really am so grateful that you gave me the cottage to stay in, and I will always be so grateful for you helping me when I really needed and not leaving me on the streets alone, but I need to start looking after myself more." I say to her as she nods slowly.

"I understand my darling. You can go home now, I'll close up in an hour if you want to wait to go home together?" She says as I shake my head, before hanging my apron up on the hooks.

"No it's okay, thank you Marie, I'll be okay. Have a goodnight. I will see you later." I say as I throw a jacket over my shoulders and grab my bag before walking out the bakery door, hearing the little bell jingle that I've become so accustomed to for the last few years.

I breathe in the fresh air, appreciating the perfect balance between hot and cold, before setting on the pathway to Marie and Bertram's home.

After a ten minute walk, I finally arrived back at the cottage, walking inside and locking the door behind me, before placing my bag on the counter.

Marie and Bertram gave me the cottage to live in which is attached to their house  and very kindly- with the help of Marie- let me design it to my liking for my seventeenth birthday

Marie and Bertram gave me the cottage to live in which is attached to their house and very kindly- with the help of Marie- let me design it to my liking for my seventeenth birthday. I really do owe most of the things that I have right now to the two of them, like the house,y phone and so much more.

After I had showered and felt cleaner, I climbed up the stairs on the side of the cottage and hopped onto my bed, relishing in the comfort.

I turned on the small TV, finding something to watch while I sit cuddled in the blankets. I eventually found a movie which kept me occupied until I hear my phone beep.

I grab my phone and unlock it, checking what message had come through.

Unknown: Hi love, It's Harry, I figured since it's Saturday tomorrow, it could be a good time to consider that tour? That is if you don't have work. x

I smile at my phone, before saving his number as a contact amongst the few other constants and typed something back.

Eliana: Hey Harry, tomorrow is good for me :)

Harry: Okay, Where would you like to meet? x

Eliana: How about the bakery? x

Harry: Good idea, see you then love, have a goodnight x

Eliana: you too Harry :)