Chapter 24

20th December
5 days before christmas

Prince Harry's
Point of View

"Elle, you won't belie-" I stopped in my tracks as soon as my gaze settles on Eliana. "Woah, woah, what's going on?"I ask walking into my room, seeing Eliana sitting on the floor with her suitcase in front of her, filled with clothes.

"I'm going home."

Those three words made my heart tighten in its chest making me shake my head vigorously.

"No, no, no, you cannot leave Eliana." I say to her, the sound of pain and worry evident in my voice.

"Harry, you're getting married, I need to leave." She says back to me, trying to keep a straight face, yet I can see through the facade, the pain leaking through her voice. "You can't expect me to stay here. How is that fair on me at all?"

"I am not marrying her." I say, standing my ground as she stands up, pushing herself off the floor and walking closer to me.

"It's already been five days since you spoke to your parents about this and they haven't changed their minds. I doubt that anything you say now will be able to sway  their decision. As much as I want to be with you, this is just- we aren't meant to be together." I see the tears pool to the surface of her eyes as the words spew out of her mouth.

The words get stuck in my throat and unlike her bottled up tears I feel a tear run down my face.

"Elle, please don't leave me. I understand my mother has made it so difficult for you here and how adamant she is on all of this, but I am not giving you up easily, or at all as a matter of fact. This is my life and I won't let them control it."

"Harry, sometimes things are just not meant to be." She says making me shake my head.

"Eliana don't say that."

"Harry I need to leave."

"No you don't." I say shaking my head rigorously.

"How can I not Harry?" She says sighing "It's for the best."

"Eliana." I say, running my hand through my hair frustratedly.

"You're going to marry Princess Celia and you'll be happy together, maybe this is just the way it's supposed to be." She says, her head dropping slightly to face the floor.

"Eliana. The only person that I'm marrying is you."

Eliana Moretti's
Point of View

"Eliana. The only person that I'm marrying is you." Those words made me freeze up completely.

Marriage?

I mean I never even started to think about that yet. Has he? Well he must have. I'm so confused, I haven't thought that far ahead.

"Elle I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." He says, noticing the shock that his words brought me.

"Harry you can't do this to yourself." I say softly, making his eyebrows furrow.

"Do what?"

"You can't put yourself through all this  just because of me."

"Eliana, I'd do anything for you, don't you see that, because if you don't, I must be doing something wrong." He says, causing me to shake my head.

"No mi amore, you are such an amazing person and you were such a lovely boyfriend an-"

"Are." He cuts me off, making me tilt my head in confusion.

"What?"

"I am your boyfriend, not were." He says making me sigh.

"Harry, I don't want to hurt you, that is not even something I would ever confused doing, but if you keep holding on, it's going to hurt both of us in the end even more. We can't change our fate, and if yours is to be married to Princess Celia, I can accept that, but I cannot be there to watch when that happens." As I continue speaking, he moves over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it listening to me.

"This isn't fate, this is my parents meddling with my life, something I never though it would come to. I will not marry Princes Celia. I didn't know what it felt like to be as happy as I am with you and I'm not giving that up, I'm not going to give up on us, okay?" As soon as he finished speaking, he dropped his head down, hiding himself from me.

I hear his shaky breath as he tries to calm himself down, making my heart ache at the thought of him crying, and although he is one of the kindest and most sensitive people I've met, it's still something that I have never seen before.

I take a deep breath before moving to crouch in front of him.

"Okay." I say softly, placing my hand over his arm, my voice loud enough for him to hear me.

He keeps his head down, still trying to hide himself from me while he is in this vulnerable state.

I gently lift his head with my hand so that I could see his face. He shuts his eyes, avoiding my gaze, making me sigh and shake my head.

"I will never judge you mi amore, I need you to trust me on that one." I say softly, as he allows his beautiful glassy emerald eyes flutter open.

"Please don't leave me." He says, making my heart clench at the pain in his voice.

"I'm sorry," I say, apologizing, "I didn't mean to upset you, I'm not going anywhere okay?" I say as he breathes in deeper, trying to calm down.

"Promise?"

"I promise mi amore." I say wiping the tears away from his eyes.

As I stand up, Harry stand up too, encasing me in his arms.

We stand there together for a while before he leans back causing me to look up at him.

"Thank you." He whispers, before leaning down and connecting our lips, before pulling back and placing our foreheads together, allowing me to gaze into his eyes.