You Were Supposed To Be My Normal (Mature Content)

Greetings, friends!!! This one shot was requested by Kitten_Insanity! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

        Stiles just wants to be normal. By normal, he means that he doesn’t want to wash goblin blood out of his clothes at nine o’clock in the morning going on almost no sleep. Stiles had longed since accepted the fact that his family was different, but he was tired of different.

            “Why does it smell so bad?” Stiles asks, aloud and he hears his father, Henry, laugh. Stiles likes Henry but for the most part they just ignore each other except when a supernatural demon poses a threat. Stiles likes what his family does because he feels like he is saving people, but he just wants to be normal. He wants to be able to go to college and worry about exams not if that Incubus wondering around town is going to kill again.

            Stiles himself isn’t prejudice against the not-really-human, but his family is. His father often makes comments about how the only go supernatural creature is a dead one. His father also has a not-so-understandable hatred for werewolves in particular. Stiles isn’t sure what makes his father hate them so much, when he asked Henry the older man just said that they weren’t fit to live on this planet, so Stiles doesn’t ask anymore.

            The group of the hunters had just gotten back from taking down a pack of goblins that decided that this tiny town was a good choice to make their new home. Henry had tried to peaceful talk them into leaving, but the goblin king told them to fuck off so Henry killed them. Henry was not known for his patience.

            Stiles continued scrubbing at his favorite shirt, why he wore his favorite shirt to the meeting he doesn’t know. The meetings are all the same because they all end in blood. “Hey, Stiles.” Stiles hears his father say, and he turns to give him his attention. “We heard a rumor that a pack of wolves was moving down here from  Northern California. I want you to go snoop around.” Henry tells him, and Stiles sighs. He doesn’t want to spend his free time tracking down a rumor on one of the few days he isn’t forced to train until he cannot even breathe.

            “Where did you even hear the rumor?” Stiles asks, and Henry just looks at him. Stiles sighs again, and turns on the washing machine to maybe get the green-blue blood out of his shirt.

            “Just go check it out.” Henry says, frustrated and Stiles is weary of his father when he gets angry. Stiles wants to ask if the mysterious person even gave him an address or any idea of where these supposed wolves were supposed to be. Stiles has never actually met a real werewolf, but his dad says they know how to disguise themselves as humans.  

            “I’ll be back late.” Stiles says, and he plans on just looking in town and them head to the new bookstore opening. He has been wanting to check it out for a while, but between working as a receptionist for the local doctor and saving the town from evil, he just hasn’t had the time to stop by. Henry grunts like he heard him, and Stiles rolls his eyes while trying to find a shirt that doesn’t have blood on it.

****

            Unsurprisingly, he doesn’t find anything out about the supposed new wolves in town. He doesn’t really look that hard, or at all. Stiles really has had it with supernatural creatures, but he really wants to meet a werewolf out of curiosity.

            Stiles stops by to get an ice cream cone before walking leisurely to the new bookstore. His tiny town wasn’t popular enough to have a bookstore before, but apparently it was now. He notices the sign the that says “Talia’s Books”, and he licks his ice cream before walking into the store. The store has an old time feel to it, and it is covered wall to wall in books. Stiles smiles to himself before walking towards the British Literature section of the store. He is debating on if he wants to buy a Shakespeare or Bronte book when he hears someone clear their throat behind him.