Strangers And A Spoiled Fox (Part Seven Of FT&NM)

Thanks to everyone who commented on that last chapter. I'm making this into a 10 part thing. Oh, and people on AO3 kept bitching because Stiles was so childish. I'm pretty sure if you spent your entire life in a cage, and someone started taking care of you, you would act childish too.
_______________________________________________________
      Derek is staring at the ceiling of his bedroom with his head on Stiles’ stomach as the hybrid reads to himself. Derek had discovered that although Stiles had trouble pronouncing words, he could read them just fine. When he asked Isaac about it, his best friend told that the professor was an asshole but he still wanted them to know how to read. Sometimes Derek has the urge to ask Stiles about the man that created him, but he doesn’t.

Stiles is holding his book with one hand while he uses the other one to run his fingers though Derek’s hair, making tiny noises every so often when he reads. Derek is slowly closing his eyes due to the peacefulness and the quiet of the room. He is finally done with finals and he has a month off before he starts his next to the last semester. Stiles’ tail slaps him in the face, and Derek feels Stiles’ soft stomach shake in laughter. Derek nips at his tail playfully, and Stiles giggles in delight.

“Derek? Stiles?” Scott calls, and he slams the door behind him. Stiles tuts softly before going back to his book, and Derek smiles at him.

“Back here!” Derek calls, and he hears Scott’s heavy footsteps making their way towards his room. Scott appears, and his hair is wet as though the snow had melted in it. Scott pounces on the bed, careful not to hurt Stiles’ tail, and he drapes his body over Derek’s lap.

“Scott, did you seriously make me carry all of these presents by myself? Where the hell are you?” Isaac huffs from the living room, and Scott playfully shushes Derek. Derek rolls his eyes, and Stiles goes back to reading. Derek manages to roll over so that his chin his resting on Stiles’ stomach, and Stiles looks at him curiously from over his book. They all hear Park yip at Isaac, and Isaac growls back at him for he had little patience for the little thing.

Isaac wonders around the apartment until he finds them, and he creeps into the room. “Are you all having a party without me?” He asks, with a playful pout before climbing on the bed. Isaac drapes himself over Scott, and Derek groans at the heavy weight of both of them on him.

“Yes, you weren’t invited.” Derek kids.

“Derek!” Stiles says, chastising Derek for being rude. Derek gives his boyfriend a playfully smile, and Stiles rolls his eyes before kissing Derek’s forehead. Derek chuckles at the thoughtful gesture, and Stiles puts his bookmark in his book. “I am going to feed Park.” Stiles announces, and Derek rolls off his stomach to crush Scott under his weight.

Stiles frees himself from the pile of bodies, and goes into the kitchen to get some of the chicken Derek had thawing for the little animal not the he deserved any of Stiles’ patience brand of love in Derek’s opinion.

Derek pokes Scott in his side in few times to get his little brother to simultaneously laugh and yell at him before he follows Stiles into the kitchen. Stiles was cutting up the chicken while Park sat patiently on the counter watching him with pouting eyes. Derek had tried to keep Park off of the counters, but Stiles had continuously spoiled the little fiend. Derek snuck up behind Stiles to wrap his arm around Stiles’ waist before pressing a kiss to the side of Stiles’ head. “I love you.” Derek whispers, and Stiles blushes red.

“I love Derek too.” Stiles says, and Derek sighs happiness. “Cannot wait for Christmas.” Stiles says, jumping on his toes some in excitement. Derek chuckles softly before he reaches up to straighten Stiles’ beanie. Stiles normally didn’t like beanie’s because they annoy his ears, but his fox ears have been getting too cold lately. Stiles finishes cutting up the chicken, and he passes it to Park before kissing the fox between its ears.