I See Fire

Hello! This one shot was requested by the lovely TheThingInYourCloset (I love you more, there I win), so I hope you all enjoy it!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

        “So, there’s a pack of insane witches coming this way?” Scott asks, and Derek nods his head gravely. The pack is gathered together in the Hale House having a pack meeting to discuss a growing problem.

            “How do you know they’re coming?” Erica asks, and Derek looks at her bored before answering.

            “Because I’ve found tracks near the Hale line, but not actually invading the territory. They’re trying to sense how strong we are.” Derek explains, and she nods in an understanding manner.

            “What do they want?” Jackson asks, and Derek shrugs. The sound of a Jeep door slamming has all of them looking towards the door as they wait for Stiles. Stiles bounds into the Hale House with his arms full of books, and a bag of what smells like curly fries.

            “You’re late.” Derek accuses, and Stiles dumps the books into Isaac arms and carefully maneuvers his food away from the curly haired werewolf. Stiles stalks over to where Derek has the younger werewolves gathered in a circle to discuss the witches that threaten the Hale line.

            “Or am I fashionably early for the next meeting?” Stiles asks, going to stand next to Derek. Derek sighs, and Stiles takes the opportunity to kiss the side of Derek’s mouth. Derek tries to glare at him, but his face noticeable softens. Stiles shoves a handful of fries into his mouth, and Erica sneaks her hand in the bag to get one. “What’s going on?” Stiles says, and Derek sighs loudly again.

            “See if you were here an hour ago when the meeting started, then you would know.” Derek points out, and Stiles lays his head against Derek’s shoulder. Derek keeps his mouth shut until Stiles starts rubbing his head against Derek’s hard shoulder, and then he sighs in defeat before speaking again. “Witches, Stiles.” Derek says, and Stiles lifts his head to look at him.

            “Witches? Like pointy hats and broomsticks?” Stiles asks, and everyone collectively sighs heavily.

            “Why are you here?” Scott asks, throwing his hands and Derek gives him a hard look. “Sorry.” Scott says, and Stiles slams him on the back.

            “No problem, Scotty. Everyone is well aware of uselessness when it comes to pack matters.” Stiles says, and Derek pinches his side. Derek hates when Stiles talks down about himself especially about pack matters because Stiles is the best when it comes to pack matters in Derek’s opinion. “Ow.” Stiles hisses, and Derek just shrugs. Stiles reaches his hand into his bag of curly fries, and finds it empty. He whips his head up to see Erica and Isaac pointing at each other. “Savages.” Stiles says, and he wads the bag into a ball to throw in the trash.

            “Do we know where the witches are staying?” Lydia asks, and Derek nods his head.

            “I can track the scent to the edge of the woods, but I think they are hiding it somehow.” Derek says, frowning. The pack look at each at each other in worry while Stiles pulls out his phone. “Do you mind?” Derek says, and Stiles sticks his tongue out in concentration as his eyebrows knit together.

            “Just give me a second to tell my dad where I am.” Stiles says, and Derek rolls his eyes. The rest of the pack is shifting nervously on their feet looking from Derek to Stiles.