Until The Very End

The Maze Runner AU you didn't think you needed. Oh, and if you saw that thing about the contest I've changed my mind. Sorry, folks, I'm so changeable.
____________________________________________________
     He wakes up with a startled gasp, and he feels like he is drowning. He coughs up some water, and he moves around to take in his surroundings. He is in a cage with wooden boxes, and the only thing he can remember is his name.

Derek.

He knows that his name is Derek.

“Hey! Help me!” Derek screams, but the cage moves faster and faster. It is moving so fast that Derek is sure that it is going to slam to the ceiling, but just before it does the roof opens to the bright sky. Derek manages to see about six other boys, all older than him or younger by only a few years, and they’re staring at him with curiosity.

Derek cowers to the corner of the box like cage, and one of the boys jumps down to grin at him. He has large bambi-brown eyes, pale skin with moles, and floppy brown hair that falls just on his forehead. He lands with a large thud, and he crouches down with his hands on his knees. “Raise and shine, Greenie. Day one.” He says, and Derek shoves past him to get away.

“We got a runner!” Someone yells, and Derek runs as fast as he can. He skids to a stop when he finally see the walls. The entire grassy plains were surrounded by thick looking iron walls, and Derek feels his throat constricting tightly. What is happening, where is he, who are these other boys? Someone grabs his shoulder, and he spins around with a loud growl that he didn’t think he think he could make.

The boy who touch him jumps back. “Shit. They sent another werewolf.” He says, and Derek looks down to see that his fingers have morphed into claws. Derek startles and suddenly everything is so loud.

“Hey, you need to calm down.” Someone says, and Derek turns to see the boy that jumped into the box from earlier. “Go get Scott.” He tells another boy, and the boy nods as he takes off in the other direction. Derek growls at him, but the boy doesn’t seem to be to imitated by him.

“Get away from me.” Derek growls, but the boy slowly walks closer with his hands up. Another boy comes into view, he has tan skin and black hair, and he eyes Derek uneasily. He smells almost familiar to Derek, but Derek cannot quite place the scent. “Where the hell am I?” Derek asks.

“I’ll explain everything to you once you calm down, okay?” The black haired boy says, and Derek stares at him. He can count about five boys watching him, and he thinks that this boy is the leader. He is obviously protective over the bambi eyed boy, and Derek’s head is spinning. “I’m Scott, this is Stiles.” Scott says, gesturing his hand to introduce the bambi eyed boy. Stiles waves at him, and Derek looks from Scott to Stiles. “Do you remember your name?” Scott asks.

“Derek.” Derek says, and Scott smiles at him.

“Let’s go for a walk, Derek.” Scott says, and Derek has no choice but to follow him.

****

Derek quickly learns that they’re on what Scott calls the Glade. There are seven boys here, eight now that Derek is here, and they don’t have any of their memories either. Scott is half way explaining how they grow their own food when the boy from earlier shows up. “You already met Stiles. If I’m not around, he’s in charge.” Scott says, and Stiles grins at him.

“Good thing you’re always around then.” Stiles says, and Scott claps him on the shoulder.

“Show Derek where to sleep, Stiles. I’m going to greet the runners when they come in.” Scott says, as he jogs off.