Christmas Trees And Final Exams (Part 6 of FT&NM)

I am sad, so I wrote fluff.
________________________________________________________

     Derek exhales sharply as he hears the sound of his front door opening and shutting, but he smiles to himself when he hears Stiles bark in anger. “Scott! Need to be quiet! Derek is studoing.” Stiles hisses, and Scott chuckles softly.

“You mean studying?” Scott asks, and he hears Stiles’ noise of indignation. Stiles still tripped on some words, but for the most part he spoke well enough. Except for the fact he didn’t seem to understand second person, but Derek didn’t correct him. Plus, Stiles seemed to be sensitive about the subject and Derek wasn’t going to make him feel stupid or anything.

Derek rubs his eyes with a tired hand, and he looks at the clock to see that he has been studying nonstop for three hours. Deciding to take a break, he shuts his books to go see why his brother is barging into his apartment. Derek spots his brother sitting on the edge of the couch while Stiles sits in one of the chair with his face buried into one of Derek’s sweaters he is wearing. Park yips when he sees Derek from his spot nestled on the couch cushions, and Stiles looks up in surprise. “Derek!” He says, delighted and Derek smiles at him while striding over to sit on the arm of the chair while Stiles burrows his face into Derek’s side.

Derek hates finals more than anything, and even more this year because it means he gets to spend less time with Stiles. Not to mention, that he has to be focused to study and Stiles tends to distract him. “What are you doing here, Scott?” Derek asks, rubbing Stiles in between his fox ears. Stiles rubs his head against Derek’s hand, and Derek leans down to kiss him on his head.

“I wanted to ask if you and Stiles wanted to come with me and Isaac to the Christmas parade? We’ll get a tree for Mom after, and maybe for here too.” Scott says, and Derek sighs.

“I do not want pine needles on my floor until February, Scott.” Derek says, and Stiles tucks on his sleeve until Derek slides carefully into the chair to mush himself next to Stiles. “Plus, I’m still studying which is what Isaac should be doing as well.” Derek points out, and Scott shrugs his shoulders.

“He knows that one night isn’t going to hurt him plus it’s Christmas time. Tis only comes once a year.” Scott says, and he reaches out to pet Park but the fox just huffs before jumping off the couch and slinking towards the kitchen. “That is one arrogant fox.” Scott says, and Derek snorts in agreement. If Stiles hadn’t been so adamant about keeping the thing, Derek would have released it into the wild ages ago.

Derek turns his attention towards Stiles, and kisses his lips. “You should go with Scott and Isaac tonight, baby cub. You’ll have lots of fun!” Derek says, and to his surprise Stiles frowns.

“Not fun without Derek.” Stiles sighs, and he burrows his head into Derek’s neck. Derek sighs, and pats his back.

“It will be Stiles! Isaac will be there, and maybe Laura will show up. You like Laura! Plus, you’ll get to see some Christmas lights. It’s a tradition, and this is your first Christmas with us!” Scott begs, and with delight Derek can see Stiles resolve crumble.

“But Derek.” Stiles tries, and Derek cuts him by snuggling him closer to his body.

“Derek will be here studying, and making sure Park doesn’t claw up the couch in spite.” Derek says, and Stiles sighs but nods his head.

“See, Stiles? Now try to talk Derek into getting a Christmas tree.” Scott suggests, and Stiles wrinkles his forehead in confusion.

“What is Christmas tree?” Stiles asks, and Derek is momentarily stunned until he remembered that he had to explain to the poor boy what Thanksgiving was not a few short weeks ago. Scott gasps dramatically before pulling out his phone to look through it before walking over to Derek and Stiles.