Don't Soul Mate Me (Mild Mature Content)

This is a Soulmate!AU. Werewolves are a known part of society. When two soul mates see each other for the first time they begin to feel each other's pain. Derek can instantly heal, but Stiles is still human. I added some sexy time because it's my story and why the hell not.
___________________________________________________________

     The thing about soul mates is that not everyone has one, and that is perfectly fine. Stiles knows this, he knew even as a child that there could be a chance that he would never find his soul mate. That didn’t put a damper on Stiles because his own parents had not been soul mates, but had been very happy up until his mother’s unexpected death when he was a child. It was in that moment that Stiles would later be relieved that his parents weren’t soul mates.

Soul mates couldn’t live without one and another once they found each other.

As a child, Stiles didn’t want a soul mate after the possibly of losing both of his parents. It isn’t magic when soul mates find each other, sometimes two people don’t even know, it happens when two soul mates see each other for the first time. It can be in passing or with extended conversation.

Stiles is sure that he met his in passing when he was around nine.

Now, at twenty-two, he cannot remember anyone that it could possibly be. He remembers the day that the mark appeared on his upper thigh, and he run to his father in concern. His father explained everything to him, and Stiles tried not to ask to many questions that day. Stiles still remembers that his father, fresh from the loss of his wife, was having a bad day. He remembers going to the station to see his father, and everyone was at a loss although Stiles doesn’t remember why.

Having a soul mate is supposed to be an amazing opportunity that only so get to some get to have, but to Stiles, it is a curse. He could be dead one day, and not even see it coming. Soul mates feel each other’s pain, and Stiles knows this several times over.

Once, when Stiles was just fourteen he was spending the night at Scott’s house. They had played video games when all of a sudden, Stiles felt a prick on his hand. He looks down to see that his hand was slipping open from the base of his thumb to his pinky. Scott panicked more than Stiles, to be honest Stiles just stared at his hand, and Scott screamed loudly for his mother who’s a nurse. Scott’s mother, Melissa, managed to close the wound with some quick stitching.

Stiles just stared blankly at his hand for days until it finally healed, and he wondered what his soul mate did. Maybe they cut their hand while washing dishes or maybe they were in an accident. Stiles spent days in a panic just worried that someone he had never met was hurt, and he finally snapped out of it when his father assured him that his soul mate was fine.

They were taught some about soul mates in school, but nothing that Stiles didn’t already know. He became obsessed about with the whole idea, and he even posted pictures of his soul mark on Facebook. Of course, he had to take them down after his aunt called his father in a scandalized rage of her nephew posting something so personal on the internet. John told him to instantly take them down, and Stiles sighed in defeat but did as he was told.

Just after Stiles got his license, he drove on the icy road to go show Scott his Jeep that has been sitting in the driveway since his mother passed. He was paying attention to the road, but the Jeep slipped on the road. Stiles tried to slam on the brakes, but the Jeep slide directly into a tree. He hits his head on the steering wheel, but that was nothing compared to the pain of his arm breaking. Stiles isn’t sure what he hit it on, but he’s pretty sure that bones belong under the skin. When his father finds him around twenty minutes later, Stiles just keeps saying he is sorry. John tells him that he doesn’t blame Stiles, he didn’t know the road was icy and he hadn’t been driving long enough, but he doesn’t know the real reason that Stiles is sorry. Stiles is mostly sorry because out there somewhere was someone who just had their arm broken.