Killer (Part One of Hale's Investigations )

This one shot was suggested by fiddlesticksss. Repeat after Stale:This is a two shot. There will be another part, so don't be disappointed in the ending. Okay? Proceed, Stalers.
______________________________________________________

“Stiles! Where did you put the McArthur file?!” Derek yells over his shoulder, and Stiles pops his head into the main office from where he was digging for food in the little snack room. Stiles has his mouth stuffed full of Derek’s Chinese food he had saved from last night, and Derek refuses to find it endearing instead of disgusting.

            “Ium dth ff’e c’bin’t.” Stiles says, and Derek sighs.

            “Shallow your food, Stiles, for fuck sakes.” Derek says, and Stiles noisily shallows the food before stomping into the room to lean beside Derek. Derek gives him an exasperated look, and Stiles doesn’t let it affect him anymore. After five years of working together, he is immune to the ‘Derek Hale’s eyebrows of death’ glare.

            “I said look in the file cabinet. You know? The one with all of our other files?” Stiles says, sarcastically. Derek gives him a snarl that shows part of his teeth, and Stiles blows him a kiss. Derek groans loudly while Stiles cackles in delight before he throws himself into his chair while typing something on his laptop.

            “Stop being a smartass, Stiles. It doesn’t look good on you.” Derek says.

            “You would know what looks good on me, don’t you, Der?” Stiles says, without looking up from his computer as Derek sputters. Stiles smiles to himself proud of flushing Derek, and Derek throws the file hard onto Stiles’ desk.

            “Shut up. Are you any closer to finding out where Abbie McArthur’s husband is meeting his mistress?” Derek says, and Stiles makes an ‘umba’ noise he always does when he is looking for something. Not that Derek notices things like that when he does.

            “All I’ve got is that he disappears from work every Monday and Thursday at ten in the morning and doesn’t return until two. I don’t know where he is going.” Stiles says, and Derek sighs so hard that Stiles is surprised that he doesn’t pass out.

            “You are a shitty private eye, Stiles.” Derek says, and his tone is more humorous than malicious.

            “Whatever, bitch. I’m not the one who hired me.” Stiles snorts, and Derek scoffs.

            “Should of went with that college student who asked if I would let him see a dead body.” Derek says, and Stiles makes a noise of agreement.

            “Should of. I bet he wouldn’t get distracted by wondering how much time you spend on your eyebrows every morning.” Stiles says, and Derek glares at him.

            “He wouldn’t eat my food either.” Derek says, and he snatches the take out carton from Stiles and the young man makes a wounded noise. Derek rolls his eyes before he just gives it back to him, he isn’t hungry anyways, and Derek moves to stare at his computer. “Tomorrow is Monday, we’re going to follow him.” Derek says, and Stiles nods in agreement before going back to playing solitaire on his computer.