Blue Eyed Baby (Mature Content)

This was requested by ilysmaston. All aboard the angst smut train. *Choo Choo*
____________________________________________________________

        The bite changes Stiles in ways he didn’t think of before. He really didn’t have a choice in the matter, it was necessary to kill the Nogitsune that lived inside of him. He couldn’t hold Scott accountable for his actions, not after what happened to Allison or Aiden because of the trickster spirit inside of him. Stiles begins to feeling more normal now than he did before everything happened, but it doesn’t stop him from ignoring Scott.

At first, it was so that he and Scott could grieve separately at their own pace, and not have to pretend about anything. John didn’t ask many questions, so Stiles didn’t volunteer information. Stiles can easily retract his claws within the first few days of being changed, and even Derek is impressed. Stiles laid in bed in for hours just staring up at the ceiling feeling his claws grow before making them his human fingers again.

It’s about two weeks until his first full moon, he hasn’t left the house since that day, when everything falls down. Scott is trying to be a good Alpha, but he is grieving the loss of a pack member while trying to train a new one. He doesn’t give Stiles the attention he really deserves, so Stiles just stays away. It is in the dead of the night that Stiles goes downstairs to make himself some tea.

Stiles isn’t paying attention when he grabs the kettle, and it burns his hand. He pulls back with a hiss, and he manages to catch his reflection in the window. Stiles just stares at the bright blue staring back at him as a bitter and unforgiving reminder of what he has done.

****

Stiles considers going to Derek for help, but things aren’t the same anymore. Everyone walks on tip toes around him, and he really can’t blame them. The full moon approaches, but Scott still hasn’t tried to talk to him yet.

Derek; however, notices this and makes a point to speak to Scott about it. He tells himself that it is because he doesn’t want to have to deal with a new wolf wreaking havoc across town, and not because he misses Stiles. Maybe he misses the smartass comments, but not the person who makes them.

He tells himself.

Derek corners Scott at his house one day, and makes him talk to him. Scott is apprehensive about the situation, but he invites Derek in regardless. “How is training with Stiles going?” Derek asks, and Scott sighs loudly before looking at Derek with a guilty expression on his face.

“It hasn’t. He knows what to except.” Scott tells him, and Derek turns around from where he was staring out the window to glare the younger man.

“Have you told him about the heat?” Derek asks, and Scott bites his lip.

“I didn’t know how to bring it up, Derek. He won’t talk to me!” Scott says, and Derek fights the urge to lash out at him. Leave it to Scott to leave Stiles unprepared for what is to happen to him.

“He doesn’t have to talk, he just needs to listen. How could you be so irresponsible?” Derek accuses, and Scott looks at him furiously. Granted, Derek has no room to talk but that doesn’t stop him from scolding Scott. Scott opens his mouth as if to argue, but closes it with a grim nod.

“I’ll talk to him.” Scott promises, and Derek nods.

****

Stiles is trying to catch up on homework when he hears the knock on his door, and he calls a come in. It’s odd how loud his voice is to his own ears now, and it will take some getting used too. Scott pokes his head into his room, and Stiles smiles at him. It has been too long since the friends have seen each other, and Stiles hugs him. Scott brings him closer to his body, and Stiles is just beginning to pick up different scents. Beneath Scott’s, Stiles can smell  Scott’s mother, Kira, and, oddly, Derek.