Long walk with a putter

I stopped in front of Tom's house. I layed my head on the steering wheel. "Chase. Mate what is wrong with you?" I whispered. "Okay. If Tom didnt love you, he would've said don't even bother coming" I looked at the house. I breathed in and looked at myself in the rearview mirror. I fixed my hair "you got this". I stepped out the car and walked as confidently I could to the door. I ringed the bell and heard Tessa bark. A smile appeard at the thought of the dog walks me and Tom could do with Tessa and Marvel. The door opened and my eyes met Tom's. I immediatly started to apologize. He rolled his eyes at me and kissed me. He pulled back. I pouted at him. "Stop apologizing and take me on this date" he said in his british accent. I smilled and mentioned for him to follow me to my car. We both stepped in the car and I went on my way.

It took some time before we arrived at our destination. We played some music, well it was more of a Disney Sing Along.

I turned right and he spotted the sign. He turned to me with a face full of glee. "Quick. Chase turn around. Turn around before you loose your dignity" I said sarcastic fake turning the steering wheel around. Tom laughed at me and patted my tigh. "I'll go easy on you" he replied. "Translation: I am going to kick your ass" I said parking the car.

There we stood. On the greenest golf court I have ever seen. Tom explained some things. He lined up his shot and swung his golf club. The ball flew across the field. I put my hand up so I could block the sunlight. The ball landed. I looked back at Tom with an open gape mouth.

(Tom's P.O.V.)
I looked at Chase and he was looking at me. Mouth wide open. He looked back at the ball and pointed at it. "What?! You serious?" He asked laughing. We laughed at this and soon he stepped to his ball. He was fiddeling not knowing how to hold the stick. I chuckled and stepped behind him. My arms went around him and I put his hands in the correct way. "When you swing you put this foot out and look at the direction where you want the ball to go" I said. "Lets focus on hitting it first" he chuckled. I put my head on his shoulder and chuckled. I let go of him and stepped aside and gave him a thumbs-up. He looked at the ball and swung the stick.  He missed. Everytime he tried he missed, again, again and again. I tried containing my laughter. But seeing him getting frustrated and yelling insults at the unalive ball only made it funnier. He heard me and looked at me. "I'll hit the damn thing. Just you see. It will go further then yours" he replied. He made his way back to the ball. He lined up and swung and..... he hit it. But it just rolled 10 cm further. He looked back at me. I waited for his reply. He looked shocked instead of annoyed. He started to jump up and down cheering. I was surprised. "I hit it. I hit the ball" he yelled. I laughed. "Well it went like 10 cm but atleast it rolled" he said, "secretly it was the wind that made the ball move" I replied, "hé dont steal my pride. I hit it and you know it".

_______________________________________
Published: 19 June 2019

Fav Quote: Happiness is a long walk with a putter (by Greg Norman)