Fluent in lies, excuses and bullshit

(Chase's P.O.V.)

"let's call cheating what it is: a complete betrayel of trust. Cheaters are people who have a lot of stuff to work and they are working it out on your time and with your heart. Some cheaters might give you an excuse, some might not have one at all, some might even blame you. No one can tell you exactly what to do when faced with this very complicated and painful situation.But the bottom line is, is this what you had hoped for in a relationship?" mom asked. I looked up at her with tears in my eyes and shook my head. I just told her that Tom and I had broke up. I told her that he thought I had cheated. I could tell she wasn't really pleased with the news. What do you expect, her son just cheated on someone, he broke someone. She asked me about the picture, but before I could responce the frontdoor got slammed shut. Not lightly as well. Me and mom both looked towards the front door. Dad walked into the livingroom where me and mom where sitting. "What is wrong with you" he asked with disgust. I raised an eyebrow in confusing. "Robert, calm down" mom said stepping up and motioning dad to take it down. "no, he cheated. That is not acceptable-" He responded. I stood up "dad I didn't cheat. This girl-" I was cut of by him saying "oooh. We are so fluent in lies, excuses and bullshit. Aren't we". "Im not lying. Why does no one believe me?" I asked raising my hands. "because you betrayed me" Tom said walking in the living room. I turned to look at him and he had this sad and angry expression. "tom, please. let me explain. Just give me one minute" I asked desperate. "Why lie to me when I was real with you?" he asked starting to tear up again, "I'm not lying" I said desperate, "why play games with me when I was true with you?". "Tom, I-", "WHY BETRAY ME WHEN I WAS NOTHING BUT LOYAL TO YOU?" he screamed walking up to me. "LOYAL! I'M NOT LOYAL?!" I screamed staring him down with anger. He nodded. "I've been SOOO Loyal to you. Since day one. Why would I lie or betray the love of my life. huh? Tell me that, Tom. Tell me why someone would throw away everything they ever wanted!" I yelled at him. He stayed silent but still with an angry expression. I looked at my parents. "Fine, call me a liar, call me a cheater. But I want all of you to remember that I am not what you make me out to be. I thought we are the family that doesn't listen to some fake news in some random gossip magazines" I said shaking my head in dissapointment. A tear streamed down my cheek. I turned to Tom. "I never cheated or lied" I said shaking my head as my voice broke. I walked out the room but stopped wanting to say one more thing. 

(Tom's P.O.V.)

I watched Chase stop and without looking over his shoulder he spoke. "I know the truth. I know what happened in Paris. If you ever want to hear the truth, you'll know where to find me" he said and walked out of his own house. I looked at Robert and Susan. "I'm sorry Tom. I don't understand why?" Robert said laying a hand on my shoulder. 

1.5 month later

I was home and sat down on the couch. Thoughts wandered in my head. Did I judge Chase? Was I wrong? Was it all just something the gossip magazine made up? I grabbed my laptop and started to search some stuff up. Articles about our break-up came on. Head-lines that clearly said Chase is the bad guy. Fans being harsh against him. I heard my phone ping and looked at it. I grabbed it and looked it. Instagram and twitter was going insane. I was being tagged from left to right. I opened one of the apps. I was tagged in so many news headlines or fan-accounts that questioned our relationship. I just threw my phone aside and put my laptop down and walked away to the kitchen to get a drink. "tom?" I heard a voice. I turned around and saw Chase standing there, but I could tell it wasn't really Chase. "you... you aren't real" I said pointing at him. He chuckled slightly and does cute dimples showed. "you're right. I'm not real, I'm in your head" he said tapping the side of his head. "you are breaking yourself, Tommy", "don't call me that" I said shaking my head, "You want and need the truth. But you are to scared to get hurt by it, so you won't even seek it" he spoke stepping closer. I stepped back not wanting him near me, scared of getting hurt. "Please trust me and ask what really happened" he said with a small smile. I closed my eyes shut and breathed out before opening them again. Chase was no where to be seen, because it was indeed all in my brain. No matter I wanted it or not, but he was still on my mind.

Published: September 25, 2019