Frank x Reader - Tonight We Feast

Sitting at my small work desk, I was typing an article for our website that my boss had declared two hours before it was due that it must be done today. My phone rung. I looked at the caller ID to see that it was my Fiancé of one year, Frank. It sounds like a long time to be engaged, but we wanted to wait for the perfect time to get married. Even if we had to wait a long time, we both didn't mind because we loved each other very much. Nevertheless, I did really want to talk to him and tell him that maybe it was time to set a date.

I looked at the article to see that I still had a definite five of six paragraphs to go and contemplated whether to pick up or not. I knew he would understand if I let the call go, but felt bad doing so. I knew when he was recording for his band he didn't get a lot of break time...

"Hello," I said, picking up the phone.

"Oh, hi! I thought you had your phone off for a minute, I wasn't expecting for you to pick up! How is your day?"

"It's fine, my boss is just having me write this stupid article... she only gave me two hours to do it, and to be honest that's why I didn't pick up."

"That's fine," he answered. I heard a muffled crackling sound in the background, and it almost sounded like he was... driving?

"Are you driving?" I asked, confused. I thought he was at the studio recording all day.

"I actually am, and that's why I called you. I have something planned for tonight," he said slyly. "So, when you get home please go right upstairs, and change into the thing that is on your bed...you'll see what I mean."

"Frank...?" I asked slowly. "Please don't do anything too extravagant..."

"No, you'll see!" he answered excitedly. "I was able to finish up these two hours early so I was able to prepare. He said the word 'prepare' in a fancy accent.

"Alright, see you tonight," I answered, still perplexed by his secrecy.

_______

I walked through the door of Frank and mine's small, shared home. The stairs were to the left of the door, and when you walked in you had the choice to go up the stairs or walk down a small 'hallway' (if you could even call it that) to the kitchen and living room area. But, the hallway leading to that area was blocked off by a chair with a tall back so I couldn't see over it.

"Frank," I called to him, so he was aware of my presence. "I'm home!"

"Okay," he greeted back. "Go upstairs and change, then come down. It should be ready by then." He sounded like he was moving around quickly; not running, but definitely moving quickly.

I went up the stairs slowly, thinking of what he could possibly be doing. I got up to our shared bedroom and went into the bathroom, where I washed my face. Then, I went into the bedroom and changed just as he had told me. When I saw what was on the bed I gasped. It was a black dress, that looked to be just my size. The top was tight, but not too tight (if you know what I mean), and the bottom came out, not too far, but gave the dress some shape. I slipped it on and it fit flawlessly, caressing my every curve.

I proceeded down the stairs cautiously, still not knowing what was happening. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I saw him around the corner, wearing his formal tuxedo, with his hair combed and gelled back. My eyes went wide at the sight of him. I continued my way down the stairs until I got to his side. He put out an arm. "My lady," he said, showing a dorky smile.

He lead me to the kitchen, which was dim. The only area of light was a table in the center adorned by small candles and rose petals. I was stunned. It looked absolutely beautiful. He showed me to the table, pulling out a chair for me, and motioning for me to sit down. I did so, still astonished with what was happening.

He went to the stove, where I saw two plates made. He came over to the table with the plates, and, "tonight," he said, placing a plate of Kraft macaroni and cheese in front of me. "We feast."

I looked at him, and he wiped his poker face off. We both began to laugh. We ate and talked until we both finished the extremely 'fancy', and may I add, well-cooked meal. And, to top it all off, for dessert we had glasses of milk with Chips Ahoy cookies.

Frank looked at me, with that dorky smile of his. "What do you think?" he said after the meal was finished.

"Absolutely amazing, my compliments to the chef."

We both laughed again. "But I do have something important to say that I was, let's say... building up to the entire time."

"Do tell," I answered, smiling.

"I... I'm ready to set a date for the wedding."

I was speechless as a tear fell from my eye. I stood up and rushed over to him, enveloping him in a tight hug. "I'm ready, too," I said, smiling and sniffling.

He pulled my face away from his chest and pushed his lips against mine. They were just as I remembered them; soft, warm, and welcoming. "I love you so much," he said.

I let out another small giggle. "I love you so much, too."

Vote

Comment

Keep Reading

W.c: 970 words