Frank x Reader - Rain

I was walking home from work, the clouds above rumbling and threatening to pour water all over me. I sighed, hoping I would get home before the downpour. I began to walk faster but stopped when I heard a quiet whimper behind me. I stopped, turning around, to be met with the face of a small, black puppy with large eyes, who looked as though they had been kicked too many times. They had multiple cuts and bald spots on their body. "Hey, little guy," I said, crouching down. The dog limped toward me. I looked at its neck to see no collar. It seemed as though someone had abandoned it.

It was about to storm and this dog had no home.

I can't bring it with me, though, my boyfriend, Frank, will kill me.

Well, guess I'll die.

I picked up the puppy just as it began to rain. I tucked it away in my jacket, whispering quiet nothings to it all the way home. When I reached the front door, I tucket the dog further into my jacket. "Stay quiet, okay?" I whispered. I unlocked the door, and Frank greeted me.

"Hey, Y/n! How was your day?"

"Oh, fine," I answered, turning my body hoping Frank wouldn't see the bludge in my coat. He leaned in, trying to kiss me. I saw his eyes were closed, so I obliged, deciding to just move to puppy over. But the dog had different plans. Just as Frank's lips connected with mine, the dog licked his wrist.

"What the hell!" Frank exclaimed, jumping away from me. "What just licked me? Your l-lips were on m-mine..." his eyes searched around me, looking for the source of the unwanted spit now on his wrist. I pushed the puppy even further into my jacket.

"Must've just been a gust of wind," I tried to play it off. "I'm going to head upstairs."

I was going to head upstairs.

As for the puppy...

The small dog leaped as best as he could from my coat with his injured leg. Frank's eyes went wide as I shut my eyes praying he wouldn't be mad. The dog leaped on to Frank's legs and ran circles around him. "F-Frank, I c-ouldn't just-t leave him-"

He looked up at me and smiled.

"I love dogs," he whispered. "I never got one because I thought you were the one who didn't like them." I began to walk closer to Frank, slowly. He bent down and began to pet the energetic animal. "He's injured, though. We should take him to a vet."

"Yeah," I said, a smile creeping on to my face.

He picked up his coat and walked to the door. I followed, knowing we were going to the vet's office now. "What are we going to name him?" Frank asked.

I walked outside and felt the rain hit my skin. "What about Rain?" I asked.

"Rain," Frank said. The dog began to wag its tail. Frank and I laughed, as we walked to the car. "Okay," Frank said. "Rain it is."

Comment

Vote

W.C: 523 words