Ray x Reader - Protector (Part 1)

I ran. I ran as fast as I could away from his house.

It was the last straw.

My feet carried me to the first place I found- a bar. I usually would never have walked into this place, being a person who did not drink, but this was a different occasion. I needed to blend in with a crowd, and considering it was a Friday night, and many people had nothing better to do in this town, large groups of people occupied the hole in the wall.

I made my way through the leather-studded people, hoping not to bump into anyone. I tried to be as unnoticeable as possible, but considering this bar was filled with loud punks decked out in black leather and skinny jeans, I stood out horribly with my blue jeans, gray sweatshirt, and converse sneakers.

Avoiding the eye contact of the people who had noticed me- and were now staring with eyeliner-lined eyes -I made my way over to an unoccupied booth in the corner. A waitress came over and unenthusiastically asked for my order. I simply ordered a water, and when I received it, I sat quietly with my drink scouting the area to make sure he didn't show up.

Unluckily for me, though, I was so avid in looking out, I did not notice a man dressed in all black with curly hair framing his face come up behind me. "Funny seeing someone like you here," he said darkly, sitting in the booth opposite mine.

I jumped so high I almost went through the roof. I pushed my back against the corner of the booth, trying to shrink away. My hands were shaking and my voice was weak. I felt like I was going to explode until his voice came through to me.

"Hey, dollface, didn't mean to scare ya. Just wonderin' why a little one like you would be in here at such a time. Alone at that," he smirked, but I could tell he was trying to calm me as best as he could while keeping his punk persona.

"I'm j-j-ust trying to s-tay awa-y-y from some-one," I answered, not sure why I was being truthful with the stranger.

"This isn't much of a hiding place, is it?" he laughed. "Someone like you will get ripped apart in here."

I was unable to make words, so I just nodded, almost disbelieving.

"Who had gotcha so worried, doll?" he asked, seeming genuinely concerned.

"Nothing," I practically whimpered, scared.

"C' mere," he said, reaching out his hand and leading me towards a back exit. For some reason unknown to me, I trusted him. I let him lead me to the back parking lot of the building. "We're here alone," he whispered, his 'tough guy' persona gone. "I know you don't know me, but if you're in danger, I will help you." He looked at me, his hazel eyes staring into mine, a soft look on his face.

I broke down.

Tears began to streak down my face as I clung to him, my face buried in his neck. I gripped him tightly, allowing him to support my weight, for my shaking legs could hold me no longer. "It... It was him... he did it...-"

"Shh..." he cooed me, holding me. "Calm down dear, take your time."

"He's b-b-been hitting and t-touching me and I-I don't li-ke it!" I exclaimed, sobbing.

"Alright, okay," he reassured me, holding me close. He lifted up my wet face so I was looking into his warm eyes again. "I'm going to help you, alright? We're going to get through this."

I didn't know why, but at that moment, I believed him. I didn't know what it was about him, but I knew he was right, and I knew one day, everything would be okay.

Comment

Vote

W.C: 641 words