Gerard x Reader - Crush

"Hello...hello? Y/N, are you even listening to me?" Ray asked as he moved his hand in front of my face hoping to get my attention. 

Frank snickered. "They are looking at him again." 

They two laughed. "Oh, shut up!" I retaliated. "I'm not looking at Gerard."

"Whoever said we were talking about Gerard?" Ray said, his smile only widening. 

I sighed. I really don't understand their strong obsession with my 'love life', as they call it. So what if I had a crush on Gerard. I mean,  besides the fact that we are all really close friends, it barely affects them. 

Scrap that, actually. It does affect them. 

But, either way, it shouldn't matter, right? 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Mikey walking over. "Hey, guys. What are you talking about."

I glared daggers at both Ray and Frank. Mikey and Gerard didn't know about my crush, and I planned on keeping it that way for as long as I could. 

"Oh, nothing," Frank answered in a comical voice. "Just about how much Y/N likes Ge-"

"Grape juice!" I answered quickly, jumping up out of my chair. "How much I like grape juice. It's just so rich and... grape-tasting," I continued awkwardly, trying to cover-up what I just did. 

"Really, grape juice?" Mikey asked. "If you drink too much grape juice, your mouth tastes like a tin can. I can't drink more than a cup of that stuff."

I laughed stiffly. I glanced over to both Ray and Frank who were trying desperately not to burst out laughing. "Grape juice, huh," Ray asked. 

"You're sure you weren't going to say something else," asked Frank, raising his eyebrows. "Maybe a name?" 

"No," I answered quickly, trying to casually hide my face so they could not see me blushing. "I just really like grape juice."

Mikey furrowed his eyebrows. I could tell that he knew I was lying but tried to play things off like it was nothing. There was an awkward silence in the room, which must have caught Gerard's attention. He looked up at us from around his comic book. "Why did it get quiet all of a sudden? Like three minutes ago you were all screaming about grape juice."

He walked over and sat in the chair right next to mine.  I blushed even harder than before, praying that he wouldn't look over at me. The thick silence hung in the air still. Ray shifted in his chair and glanced over at the comic Gerard had brought to the table with him. "What issue is that? I don't think I've ever seen that one?"

"Oh, it's-" but I couldn't pay attention anymore because I had realized what Frank was doing. He had nudged Mikey and whispered something quietly in his ear that made Mikey's face light up. He turned and nodded to Frank. "We're going to go outside," Frank said, standing up, Mikey not far behind. 

"Why?" I said too quickly, trying to hide the fact that I wanted to know what was going on. "We just want some fresh air," Frank shrugged. 

I had a very bad feeling about this. 

They turned and walked outside. If I wasn't staring so intently at the two of them, I wouldn't have realized the slight hand motion Mikey made to Ray. "I-I think I'm going to go too," he said abruptly, standing up and quickly following the small group. 

I worriedly watched them all exit the house, leaving only Gerard and me.

"So," Gerard said nonchalantly. "What do you think their deal is? Going outside in a little group, all secretive and stuff. Almost like they wanted to get us alone."

"W-Weird." I stuttered slightly and prayed that this would not be the moment where my voice would give out. 

"Yeah," Gerard said, peering through the window trying to see what the three boys were doing. "They're all just standing by this tree laughing. I don't know what that is about. Why - oh wait," he said abruptly, stopping mid-sentence. "Frank is coming over."

Like Gerard said, Frank did come back over, strolling through the door only a minute after Gerard announced his arrival. "Hey guys," he said slyly. "What are you guys up to?"

"What do you mean by that?" Gerard asked, obviously confused as I looked out of the window that Gerard was previously at. Both Mikey and Ray were laughing so hard that they looked like they were going to fall over. My stomach tied in a knot. I did not have a good feeling about this. 

"You mean that the two of you really aren't doing anything?" Frank continued to bicker with Gerard. 

"Well, I don't really know what you mean. We didn't really have time to start a conversation because you all left, and now you came back in and started to interrogate me," Gerard said in a very defensive tone.

"Woah, Woah, you don't have to get all angry at me," Frank replied, putting his hands in the air. "Just asking. Had to make sure you weren't planning on going upstairs to make out or something. Ray and Mikey and I just didn't want to walk in on anything, that's all."

Laughing, Frank ran back outside, leaving a confused Gerard standing by the doorway. I didn't look up, though. I didn't want to see his reaction. I felt tears start to well up in my eyes and threaten to fall. I couldn't believe that he would tell Gerard and they would tell Mikey. He was obviously in on this, for it must have been why they all went outside. They must have planned this for some reason. But why? 

I couldn't take it any longer and turned away, standing up. The tears spilled over my eyelids and I ran to the front door, flinging it open. "Y/N, Y/N!" I heard Gerard call after me. 

But I didn't turn around. I continued running, down the sidewalk, up the road, past the tree where the three boys were now also calling my name, with the occasional "We're sorry!"

But I just kept running until I got to the end of the road. I climbed up the tree I always went to whenever I was sad or wanted to be alone and sat, watching as the light faded from the sky and was replaced with darkness. It was then when I truly began to sob, thinking about how I would never be able to look at Gerard again, and how our friendship was ruined, and how-

My thoughts were interrupted, though, by a quiet yet audible call from below. "Y/N, please come down. I want to talk to you! Please."

I looked over the branch that I was perched on and saw a distraught-looking Gerard below in the darkness. "Y/N, please."

I didn't know why, but I began to move down the tree. It seemed like every muscle in my body was angry at me for doing so, but I did. I realized that I needed to put our friendship before my embarrassment. 

I climbed to a low branch and dropped to the ground, my eyes red and achy from all of the tears and rubbing. He came to me and embraced me, speaking softly in my ear. "I'm sorry about what Frank said, and he's awfully sorry, too. We all are. We just want you to come back and not be sad. He obviously said something that you didn't want me to know and... and I'm just sorry I guess. A-About the whole thing."

"D-Do you," my voice was weak and brittle. "Do you know w-what Frank meant?" I asked Gerard. I just needed to know.  

"I... Well I think so, but I don't really know..." he trailed off. 

"Well..." I began quietly. "I sort of really like you," I said. "Like, a lot. But I didn't know how to tell you so I just kept it all inside." I could feel my cheeks warm and redden. 

"I kind of really like you too," he replied softly. 

I pulled away from the hug and smiled, looking into his eyes. "I'm glad that this didn't ruin our friendship."

"Well," Gerard chuckled. "It kind of did. But in a good way. Now we can be in a relationship and be like... like..."

"Like a thing," I supplied giggling. 

"Yeah," he laughed. "A thing."

He smiled at me, grabbing my hand, and walked with me as we made the journey back home. 

W.C: 1403 Words