Ray x Reader - Giddy

I rolled out of bed, jolted awake by the sound of the shower starting. "Sorry, babe, I have to get a shower. Remember? Today is your dentist's appointment to get those teeth pulled." Ray, my Fiancé said, poking his head out of the bathroom.

Yeah, I did remember. Sadly.

Even though I was in my twenties, the dentists decided now was the perfect time for me to get my wisdom teeth removed. I absolutely did not want to get them removed. I was scared of the needles and needed to get nitrous oxide. That was the last thing I needed. Especially on the day that the rest of My Chemical Romance was coming over our house to practice. Sure, Ray told them that the whole time I would probably be trying to touch their faces or wack them with a sandal, but that seemed to give them all of the more reason to want to do it today and here.

Ray finished his shower. He looked at my face. "You're worried, aren't you."

I nodded, not looking at him. "Come on," he said. "You'll be under the whole time and I promise you won't feel a thing. I'll be there the whole time, and I'll make sure you're okay."

I shrugged as I got my clothes and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and cleaned myself, then proceeded to dry off and get dressed. I sulked out of the bathroom to see Ray already by the door. "Ready, champ?"

I shrugged again. I did not want to do this.

__________________

"Okay," the dentist said, placing the mask over my nose and mouth. "Just take nice, deep breaths."

I clutched onto Ray's hand tightly as he traced patterns across my knuckles. I let out the air I didn't know I was holding, causing my warm breath to fog up the mask. After about ten minutes I felt myself just slip away. And, for someone who is worried, that is one of the best feelings in the world. I let the drug take over my body as I closed my eyes and relaxed my body. The last thing I heard was Ray saying, "I'm right here, you'll be okay." To that statement, I giggled.

__________________

We pulled into the driveway of our house after an eventful drive home. "This is our house," Ray said to me, coming over to my door to bring me inside.

"House, house, house, ho-www-se, house, hous-"

"Alright, quiet down now," Ray said soothingly as he ushered me into the home. We sat down on the couch in the living space. "Remember, any time now the guys are going to come over to practice."

"Practice whaaaat?"

Ray was holding back a laugh. "Music. Remember? I'm in a band."

"I'M GOING TO MARRY SOMEONE FAMOUS!" I exclaimed.

By this time, Ray was openly laughing. "Yeah, I guess you can say that."

"Woooow," I said, my mouth still full of gauze.

Just then, Mikey, Gerard, and Frank walked through the door. "GET DOWN, MR. PRESIDENT!" I screamed, tackling Ray off of the couch and on to the floor. The three men by the door were laughing hysterically. They entered the living space as Ray began to explain to me what was happening. "They're just here to practice. You can go upstairs if you want."

I laughed standing up. I swayed a little bit, then regained my balance. The men were still laughing. "I wanna be a cowboy, baby," I groaned petting the top of Gerard's head like he was a dog.

"A cowboy?" Frank said seriously, playing along.

"Mmmoooooooooo, I'm gonna be the cow," I responded, falling into Mikey's arms. Even Ray was laughing by this point, as he tried to pry me off of Mikey. Eventually, it worked, and I was back on the couch.

"So," I slurred, the gauze starting to really obscure my speech. "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"

Still giggling, the men sat on the surrounding couches. Ray sat next to me, trying to calm me down. "Wow," I said, gawking at him. "You a model?"

Frank totally lost it, falling off of the couch. "Man down!" I yelled. That caused Mikey to join Frank on the floor, Gerard not too close behind. "Wait a minute," I said stopping. "Is this a game. Are we playing a game?" I asked.

"Yeah," Gerard said, standing up, trying to contain himself. "We are playing duck, duck, goose."

"OH!" I garbled. I stopped again, though, causing all of the men now sitting in a circle on the floor to look at me. "What's in my mouth?"

"No, no. Don't take that ou-" But it was too late. I took the bloody gauze out of my mouth then dropped in on the floor. Not knowing how to react, I blurted, "DID STEVE CARELL DO THIS TO ME?!"

There was no saving them. Mikey, Frank, Ray, and Gerard were practically rolling on the floor from laughing so hard. Ray stood up, grabbing my hand and the gauze off of the floor. "I think you need to sleep this one off."

"WHAT OFF?" I yelled as Ray disposed of all of the gauzes.

"Shhhh," he said, leading me up the stairs, the other men's laughter becoming faint and distant. "Here," he motioned to the bed, pulling away the covers. I got in silently, and he pulled the covers up.

"You tuck me in... like daddy."

Ray scrunched up his face, as he went toward the door to go downstairs so I could sleep. "Please... please don't call me that," he said quietly, shaking his head.

"Oh, sorry daddy," I said, whispering like him. "Oh, not daddy," I yell-whispered. "Sorry, Mr. President."

Ray just shook his head, laughing, shut off the light, and closed the door.

A/N: tbh, I don't even know what this one-shot is.

Vote

Comment

Keep Reading

w.c: 998 words