Gerard x Reader - I'm Sorry

I glanced over to the clock. Gerard was late again. I couldn't blame him, but he always said he would be home by four, and that never happened. I knew he was working very hard on his comics, but I wish he would just tell me that he would be home later than he had been. I wouldn't mind. To be honest, I would rather that than wait for him wondering if he is late again, or if something happened.

Gerard and I both saved each other, or at least that's what he said. When we had met in a dank bar two years ago, I had just gotten out of a horrible relationship, and he was getting over addictions. Everything was perfect after that; we dated for about a year and a half and got married. We rarely fought or disagreed, and were the definition of the kind of relationship that was able to 'finish each other's sentences'. Until now.

The door flew open to reveal an exhausted-looking Gerard; clothes covered in wrinkles, bags under his eyes, and looking absolutely beaten. "How was your day?" I inquired.

"Not now," he answered, without even turning his head. I mentally frowned at that, for he knew that I had been in an abusive relationship before I was with him, and liked to talk about everything.

"O-okay, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, th-that's... that's all."

"Make sure I'm okay?" he said, enraged, stalking over to me. "You know, you're always complaining about me being late, oh, 'Gerard this,' and 'Gerard that'. Well, I'm fed up with it! I work longer hours than you. Get over it!"

"I'm just worried," I said quietly in defense. At this point, I was shrinking back, and he was moving forward. Even though he always said he wouldn't hurt me, that's what they all say...

"Worried about what?!" he exclaimed, flinging his arms in the air.

I fell backward, covering my face. A small gasp came from my mouth and I laid cowering in the corner. I peeked at his face. His lip was quivering, and he bent down. "Baby,"

I began to cry. "Baby, I'm so sorry. I will never, ever hurt you. I... I am just really tired, and today was a long day. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you. I'm so, so sorry."

I just nodded, and he picked me up. He carried me up the stairs to our bedroom and gently laid me on the bed. "I told you why I was mad, so, why are you mad?"

"I understand you have to work, you're doing something you love, and you're working so hard, but I feel like I barely see you anymore. I just want to spend more time with you because I love you."

"Aww, baby, I'm sorry. I know that I have been working a lot, but I'm going on break real soon. Next week starts my two-week vacation, remember? And, even after that, I'm back to the regular nine-to-five."

"Okay," I said, beginning to smile.

"Alright? And, when I get home, we can do whatever. No work."

My smile grew wider as I nodded again. "I love you."

"Oh, my dear," he said, bending down and giving me a gentle, warm kiss. "I love you too."

A/N: Short and sweet ;). Thanks for reading!!

Comment 

Vote Keep Reading

w.c: 569 words