❄ Ray x Reader - Accidental Encounters

Twas the night before Christmas

And all through the house

Not a creature was stirring-

BANG!

I jumped in my chair. What was that noise?

I rushed over to the window just in time to see a ladder, half propped against my neighbor, Ray, home come crashing to the ground. From the looks of it, he had the intent of hanging some last-minute Christmas lights.

I grabbed my coat and rushed outside. I ran over to his yard as the small snowflakes danced in the air. "Raymond!" I yelled, seeing his body sprawled in the snow, creating a distorted angel.

In response, he groaned.

I quickly popped up his body, wiping the snow away from his face. I could tell that there was no way I was going to be able to lift him up, so instead, I hoisted his unconscious body onto a sled and dragged him into my yard. From there, I was able to lift him up enough to get him through the door and on to a couch.

I sighed, looking down at him laying on my couch. Worried that he may be too cold, I pulled his snowy jacket off and gently covered him in a fluffy blanket. I wiped the snow out of his frenzy of hair and used a warm cloth to wipe it off of his face.

It might sound mean to say in a moment like this, but he looked oddly peaceful resting there.

Considering it had been about five minutes and he was still unconscious, I took the opportunity to leave the room for a second to make him a steaming cup of coffee. Sure enough, when I came back, he was stirring.

"Hey," I said quietly, hoping not to scare him.

"What happened," he mumbled, trying to sit up. I gently pushed him back down. I didn't want him to sit up too fast and grow dizzy.

"You were stringing up lights," I answered, still whispering. "You took a fall off of your ladder, and I wanted to make sure you were fine."

"Oh," he murmured.

"Here." I handed him the cup of coffee and helped him slowly sit up.

For a few minutes, we both sat together in silence, the only noise being of his quiet slurping on the coffee. Eventually, though, the peace ended when Ray's calming voice shattered the silence. "Thank you for helping me."

"No problem," I answered reassuringly.

Again in silence, I helped him dry off his coat and put back on his outdoor gear. I thought he was just going to head out, but instead, he turned around and said, "Maybe next time, we can meet in better circumstances. Instead of meeting because I almost had to go to the ER, we could maybe meet at that new restaurant downtown?"

I couldn't tell if he was blushing, or if it was just from the cold. Either way, the answer would have been the same. "Of course."

Comment

Vote

W.C: 495 Words