Ray x Reader - Protector (Part 2)

"Alright, okay," he reassured me, holding me close. He lifted up my wet face so I was looking into his warm eyes again. "I'm going to help you, alright? We're going to get through this."

I didn't know why, but in that moment, I believed him. I didn't know what it was about him, but I knew he was right, and I knew one day, everything would be okay.

<|/-------------------\|>

I clung to his side as we entered the police station.

Ever since the 'incident' at the bar a month ago, Ray, as I now know his name to be, has taken me in. It's an odd relationship; we have never necessarily declared it a loving one, but we both knew that the love was there.

My older acquaintance was now in custody, to mine and Ray's relief. The two of us have been going to the police station once a week for the past month to sort out all of the details, and, thankfully, this will be our last trip.

Hopefully the last time I ever have to see him ever in my life again.

_______

After our final, and extensive, questioning from the police, we were homebound. I was happy to be with him on that drive home. If I had been left alone I know that I would have gotten lost in my thoughts.

We arrived at our house- the two of us were now living together -and exited the car. "I'm so glad we're done with all of that. I hate how worried you would look whenever you had to talk about it...-"

"Yeah," I said, walking closer to him as we reached the front door, aching for his touch. He unlocked the door, and we both entered the small flat. I grabbed his hand.

"What?" he said, a smile dancing across his face.

I shrugged, grinning. "I just like you, that's all."

He laughed, hanging up his leather jacket. We had an unusual relationship, considering I was so quiet and shy, and he was a headbanging punk. Yet, even though we were so different, I knew that I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though he may look menacing, he was very caring and loving, and always was there for me when I needed him.

He was the exact opposite of him.

And I loved him because of that.

He made his way over to the couch and motioned me to come join him. I complied, loving moments like these.

I snuggled up next to him, enjoying his warmth while the cold air swung outside. He was so important to me, and he almost makes me feel grateful for all of the struggles I went through. Technically, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have met Ray.

It would be a sad life without Ray.

"What are you thinking about?" Ray asked, breaking the silence. "I can see your thinking cap, hmm?" he joked.

I hesitated, wondering if I should tell him how I feel. I knew he loved me, but I didn't know if he loved me the way I loved him.

But I felt like taking a risk today.

"I love you," I said, a faint blush dusting my face.

He smiled, a soft glow emanating his face. His gentle touch infiltrated my senses as his tender kiss broke my worries. "I love you too," he responded. 

Comment

Vote

W.C: 567 words