Gerard x Reader - Mafia P1

VERY IMPORTANT A/N - This is dedicated/based off of the *amazing* story "Trust Issues" by @AnyStalker707. Please go check it out... it's a really good read : ).

●-------●

It wasn't the best time to live in this part of Italy. The mafia and multiple gangs had taken over the entire city, leaving the more unfortunate people to cower in their wake. I was forced to steal food from local markets, even though I really didn't want to. In different circumstances, I would never steal. But again, this was how I was forced to live.

I wandered the streets, walking as casually as I could, as to not give any notation to lead to the fact I had a loaf of fresh bread and three apples shoved into my jacket. I really didn't have a specific place I called 'home', but I did have an area in an alley that was rarely visited by a gang or the mafia that I usually ended up eating and sleeping in.

I continued to walk until I heard a loud gunshot. "Hey!" I began to run down the street, as fast as my worn shoe-clad feet would carry me. I skidded to a halt, and quickly turned down a dark alley, trying to lose whoever (probably the bakery owner to whom I had stolen from) was chasing me. "fermare quel ragazzo! (Stop that guy!)" he yelled.

I continued to run, eventually losing the man. I stopped, analyzing my surroundings. I let my heartbeat slow down as I thought about how far away I was from my little hideout-alley. But, my thoughts were interrupted by a loud gunshot. I turned my head only to see two of the most worshipped gangs battling it out right in the middle of the street.

Usually, I would have immediately turned and run, but this time, there was a small girl compelling me to stay. She was standing in the middle of the gunfight, her eyes wide as she tried to make her voice heard over the loud 'bangs' ushered from the guns. "Papà, Papà (daddy, daddy!)!"

My eyes widened as everything sunk in. That little girl would be shot if someone didn't help her. I rushed over, scooping up the girl, who looked to be about four and began to run. I scurried to another alley adjacent to the one I had been hiding in prior and began to try to calm the girl down. She was crying, whining out in a cracked voice, "aiutami a trovare il mio papà (please help me find my daddy.)."

My heart broke at this. Even though she was dressed well, and looked to be one of the daughters of a gang leader or member, I still felt for her. She was probably terrified. I wiped her tears away, leading her into a corner where I made her stand. I shielded her with my body as I heard the gunshots get louder and closer. I tried to cover up the fact that I, too, was very scared.

I didn't dare turn around as I heard a voice growl behind me. It said, "lascia andare mia figlia (let my daughter go.)."

"Papà (daddy!) !" the girl cried out, rushing from the corner to the man behind me.

"Bandit, non scappare così! Mi hai spaventato. Pensavo fossi ferito. O peggio, ucciso (Bandit, don't run away like that! You scared me. I thought you were hurt. Or worse, killed.)."

"Papà, sto bene. Questa donna mi ha aiutato quando ti stavo cercando (Daddy, I'm fine. This woman helped me when I was looking for you.)."

"Oh, veramente (Oh, really?)?"

"Si papà. Lei mi stava proteggendo (Yes daddy. She was protecting me.)."

"Seguimi. (Follow me.)" The man snapped, motioning for me to follow. Scared, I did so, not wanting to upset him. He had a gun, and I wasn't risking a bullet wound.

Comment

Vote 

Keep Reading

w.c: 638 words